TV The Simpsons

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Hanzo_Hattori, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Hanzo_Hattori

Hanzo_Hattori For the Horde!

Does anyone else think the show has lost its touch?

I haven't seen any new episodes recently but the last 'new' one i was was crap!

But what about you?, do you think the show has gone down hill or does it still tickle your funny bone?

2. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Well, when I was younger I used to laugh a lot while watching The Simpsons, but now I rarely do, so for me, yes it has lost it's touch. Whether that's because I'm older and the themes don't amuse me any more, or because the show has gone downhill, I don't know.

3. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I still enjoy it but it hasn't gotten better with time. Family Guy for example just gets better and better in my opinion but Simpsons hasn't. I would much rather watch an old episode of The Simpsons because I'm always laughing at those.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Registered Member

I love the show...still classic. The new stuff is still good.

Although its being axed in Australia because its costing the TV company $25 000 an episode. For the new ones i mean.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I haven't watched a new Simpson episode in a real long time. I don't know why, I use to love the show. I use to watch it five to six times a day.

I think the show will keeping getting aired till they ran out of ideas, which I dont see happening anytime soon.

6. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Same, I used to love it aswell, but I haven't seen it in a while now. I've seen a couple new episodes but I prefer watching the older ones. So many classic moments.

7. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I still watch it and still enjoy it, although I think they are running out of ideas and things. I like the new ones just as much as the old really.

8. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

Classic Simpsons is far better then the modern episodes in my opinion.

Season 2/3/4 are the best for me.

The comedy and the delivery is different and I find the modern episodes almost stupid at times, whereas with the older episodes they were more simple and most of my great Simpsons memories and best sketches are from the early seasons.

9. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

I still enjoy watching the simpsons, but I do feel like they have lost a bit of their humor ever since they started making shows after the movie came out.

~Shwa

10. midnightblack

midnightblack Registered Member

Hmm.. This is a hard topic to reply to as I have for many years, and still do love the jokes. Maybe its because I lock myself in my room and spend many hours a day on the computer. I still find it entertaining, and exciting. :), Anyways, I love The Simpsons, and I think I always will. :)