• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV The Simpsons/Family Guy crossover

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Crossover episode coming up:

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/articl ... 776965.php

It punctuates a scene in which the incorrigible Bart is instructing Stewie Griffin in the art of the prank phone call. Bart dials the owner of Moe's Tavern and asks whether there is anyone there with the last name Keybum, first name Lee. When Moe calls out to his patrons, asking for a "leaky bum," everyone gets a laugh.

Stewie thinks that's cool, and asks to make his own prank call.

"Hello, Moe?" he says. "Your sister's being raped."

MacFarlane brought up the line during a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, predicting he will get attacked for it in the media. "But in context," he said, "it's pretty funny.
What are your thoughts on this? Over the top? Or typical Seth MacFarlane

It's actually typical Seth MacFarlane. Keep in mind that one episode of Family Guy a few years ago ended with Quagmire beating to death his sister's abusive boyfriend. Like REALLY beating to death his sister's abusive boyfriend.

He's just not afraid of fans' backlash and uproar on anything. He proceeded with the death of Brian last season even though he was fully aware that a lot of fans of the show (myself included) would never forgive him for Brian Griffin's disappearance of the show.

I can definitely understand the discomfort and rage from people about that joke because it does cross the line. Some people will get over it and follow through with the episode, some others won't.