TV The Simpsons 20th Anniversary episode.

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

First off I'd like to congratulate Matt Groening and company for being on the air for so long. It's definitely one of the most popular television shows of all time.

With that being said the episode yesterday was god awful. I believe I only laughed once during the whole episode. I was pretty disappointed that they couldn't come up with something better than this, especially on their 20th anniversary.

Thoughts?

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I haven't seen it but I do know it's not as funny as it used to be in general. They should never have done the movie either. There was no need for it.

3. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I stopped watching this show years ago. It has its moments, but I don't think it is as funny as some of the other cartoons out there.

My favorite two episodes were the X-Files and Sopranos spoofs. Good stuff.

I actually thought the movie was funny.

4. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Meh, I am over Simpsons. They should pull the plug already.

Konshentz likes this.
  5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I'm also over it and tired of it, however if they are still making money off of it and if there are still fans enjoying and watching the show then keep pumping them out.

6. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Yeah this show jumped the shark years ago.

7. R1pperZ

R1pperZ Registered Member

Caught the last half hour of it, I thought it was interesting going over the history of Simpsons. I mean being at it 20 years the show has just as much history as I do and they have achieved an accomplishment everybody in the TV business can only dream of. I like how one of the creators put it in the show, when a person would mention to him "The show isn't what it used to be 5 years ago", he would say to them "well your not what you used to be 5 years ago." You try to keep something fresh for 20 years...
    Truth is The Simpsons have influenced the lives of allot of people over the years and I think the reason it is still putting out episodes today is because the show is still something that is comforting to us, we all grew up watching it so we don't want to let it go just yet. But I think they should stop making new episodes, they're not that good anyways so I would be just fine catching some of the classics every once in a while.