TV The Shield

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by AnitaKnapp, Nov 27, 2008.

1. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Did anyone watch the series finale?

I was shocked that Shane killed himself and his entire family. I did not see that coming at all.

Short of dying or going to prison, I think Vic got exactly what he deserved.
    Poor Ronnie got the shaft in comparison.

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I didn't click on the spoiler. How many seasons are there already? And when you say "finale"....like no more Shield? Or just this season?

3. AnitaKnapp

I believe there are 6 seasons. The series finale just aired this past week, there will be no more Shield.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I just checked. It's 7 seasons (although season 6 was meant to be a part two of season 5). I've watched all of them except the last season which just aired this year. I'll most likely for a DVD release of this. So no more Mackey huh?

We do have a common taste in TV series. :lol:

5. AnitaKnapp

It seems like we do!
    I really don't like cop shows though, so this particular series is an exception for me. Since no one else seems to watch it, you'll have to tell me what you thought of the end when you finally get to it!

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

This WAS the best cop show no doubt about it. I mean, you have CSI, Law & Order and others, but The Shield was top notch. I'm surprise they didn't get nominated for more awards and given a longer series run.

Instead of the typically weekly story, you had a fantastic plot lined up from day one till the very end. Very well crafted and I'm sad to see it go. I caught on around the middle of season one and I was impressed right off the bat. It was like I was watching the future of cop shows since it was so well done. Very intense.

As for the whole show ending, I somewhat like the outcome. I like the perfect picture ending and didn't really get it here. Still, that's life. That's what The Shield brought to the screen. Heh, what you gonna do? =P

7. AnitaKnapp

I loved the outcome because it wasn't happy ending. Through the whole series, it was a very gritty drama and was hardly a happily ever after type show, so I'm really glad they stuck with that through the end.

8. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I miss this show so much, thankfully FX has Rescue Me and Sons of Anarchy to keep me entertained on Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

I am hoping they can make a very well written Shield movie in a few years.

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

They're just showing the last season right now...on paying channels. Which means they'll show it on normal channels end of this year and after that, the DVD version. Too long. :hah:

10. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I forgot to mention that I thought it was one of the better TV series finales that I have seen. Defintely ended the way I thought it should, even had a few things that made you feel a little 'eh after it was all said and done.

I need to grab this entire series on DVD, although that'll be some $$$ right there.
    ------
    This song fits perfectly with the series, from beginning to end...

YouTube - "This Night" music vid edit #2. The Shield promo song.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009