Movies The Shawshank Redemption

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by FBrown89, Jun 23, 2008.

1. FBrown89

FBrown89 Registered Member

One of my all time favorite movies with Tim Robbins, Morgan Freeman, Clancy Brown, etc. Any thoughts? For those of you who have never even heard of it (and I pity your soul) here's the IMDB page for it:

The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

PLOT

"Two imprisoned men bond over a number of years, finding solace and eventual redemption through acts of common decency."

2. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Funny you should post this, I just watched it for about the 15th time last week. I love that movie.

3. FBrown89

FBrown89 Registered Member

I usually try to space viewing it a few months apart. Makes it more enjoyable that way. Definately up there in my personal top 10 though.

Jeanie likes this.
  4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

:lol: I feel that too sometimes.

This is definitely one of my favorite movies.

5. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

Definitely one of the best book-to-film and Stephen King adaptations I've ever seen.

My favorite scene is when Andy and Red are talking in the library about how you can make a person up on paper and the scam that the prison warden is racking up.

"You know what the funny thing is? On the outside I was an honest man, straight as an arrow... I had to come to prison to be a crook."

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  6. Jeanie

I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite scene. Probably when Andy plays the aria from The Marriage of Figaro over the speakers.

7. Ceracyst

Ceracyst Registered Member

Quite possibly one of the best movies I've ever seen.

I think I'm going to watch it on night shift this week. :clap:

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I like many scenes. One of which is the scene when Red explains what it means to be institutionalized.

9. Jeanie

That's one of my favorites, too.

10. Unity

Unity Chett Chetterfield Staff Member

Definitely my #1 favorite movie of all time. I love the lines about hope.