• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The shame of gay "rights"

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
See I like the idea of little government but I'm also weary of the people who will abuse that. It's hard to come up with a system that will allow for enough government regulation to keep most people in line and not enough to sway the others who do not want it.

We may have to make this a holiday. This whole getting along for more than two posts thing.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
See I like the idea of little government but I'm also weary of the people who will abuse that. It's hard to come up with a system that will allow for enough government regulation to keep most people in line and not enough to sway the others who do not want it.
Yes, but I guess this is where we differ. Because I believe that we were given that system in the form of the US Constitution. I believe that if we got back to the path of following it instead of re-interpreting it to mean what some want it to mean we would all be better off. People who abuse the rights of others should be prosecuted for doing so. The answer is in the equal enforcement of law and the concept of blind justice.

We may have to make this a holiday. This whole getting along for more than two posts thing.
:lol: Maybe we can start a trend.

I'll bet you thought that we were in for another round when you read the title of this thread. I hope that you have been pleasantly surprised.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Change comes about to resist tradition. Tradition exists because of history (ie longevity). Therefore change faces history. What has happened is that history is no longer acceptable. Initially though, it isn't acceptable to small groups and so change comes about slower. When government steps in to legislate that change be faster, then that is when we see groups granted "rights" and that in itself exaserbates "differences". Society can take care of these changes!!!! Eventually, we'll witness that those opposed to change will become the small group. Nevertheless, they have the right to exist and think for themselves. Government cannot make them stop just like government shouldn't make it go faster.

As a woman, reared by a feminist mom, raised in a conservative state (Utah), with an education, 23 years in the workplace, 10 years staying home with my kids, a better financial portfolio that jumpstarted our life together, and eventually dependent on my husbands income, I see both sides of what life can be both traditional and progressive. I have experienced an appreciation of both ways. Crucial though is that I never be favored by the government to be one way or the other.

Last edited: