• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

"The server threw an exception"

BigBob

Registered Member
Normally I wouldn't have an issue whenever an error message pops up but this is one that I've NEVER seen before.

During the uninstallation of a game, I get this exact message:

"An error occured during the uninstallation.

The server threw an exception."
I've looked it up, some people have the same issue with the same game (the game is from 2002-2003) but there is no fix, or so it seems. I've tried uninstalling both in-game (you have "Play, Uninstall and Exit") and through the Control Panel and I get the same issue both times.

Anyone ever see this before? I may just have to go "back in time" with my computer if worst comes to worse.

Bahamut

Registered Member
I've never seen that error before but I have a game called "farcry" installed on a computer from about 8 years ago and it wil not get off the computer! I've tried uninstalling it about 20 times and it just won't work.
It's 6gig aswell so it's quite frustrating.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
If you can't uninstall it through the automatic uninstaller, you may just have to uninstall it manually.

Delete the entire game folder from the hard drive, and then remove the relevant registry entries.

BigBob

Registered Member
That's fine, but I want to know what this error message means Nev.

Do you get an error message or anything Bahamut?

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
The error message itself is meaningless, as there's not enough information. Assuming that by "server" it means your computer, it means that an error occurred during uninstallation, and that it needed to stop. What error? We have no way of knowing, because it could be anything, and the error message isn't giving us specifics.

Bahamut

Registered Member
I dont get any message, it gets to 99% then just stops.
Then the whole game just continues to work fine :/