Movies The Search for Captain America

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by icegoat63, Feb 26, 2010.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

This is one of those movies I've been following the production of, even more so than I did with the First Spiderman. I feel that Marvel really has paid better attention to the success of its previous movies and compared it to the success of others like the Dark Knight. That formula has been working well for Iron man as of late and I believe that Captain America should not disappoint.

Having said that... Marvel is taking a look at actors now to play Steve Rogers;

The one that I flat out want to see play this part out of this list is Jensen Ackles. That would be flat out perfect in my opinion.

Hows this list looking to you guys so far?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
    CaptainObvious likes this.

2. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I would like to see John Krasinski in it, but to be honest, that is completely off of how much I love his Jim Halpert character. Would he work in this role? I have no idea, I don't even know much about Captain America. It would help being me into the theaters to see it though.

I remember Michael Cassidy from The O.C., I'd be curious to see how that'd work out.

3. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

I'm pretty excited about this movie, but I haven't been following it closely. I don't know a lot about those actors, so I'll reserve judgement.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

5. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

Personally I really agree with ice about Jensen Ackles. He'd be awesome for this role, he's really good at acting the tough guy and he's got the look of a Captain America in him lol. He was brilliant in Supernatural.

Mike Vogel would suck though, in my opinion.

I think this is kind of a deal breaker for making a good film, more so than in a lot of other films I've seen. Captain America should have a certain kind of appearance and persona IMO.

6. icegoat63

I agree with you... Only if it werent for the fact that he's already played the Human Torch. I mean thats like letting Tobey McGuire have a shot at playing Steve Rogers. :hah: Its just gonna cause to much confusion. While Evans would probably do a good job... I think he should be excluded simply because of his work as the Torch.

7. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

Gotta agree with Ice again. They might be from different sides of the field, but Comics shouldn't Mix. :lol: Plus I don't think Chris Evans could make the role what it should be...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2010
  8. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

wtf? I clicked on the link expecting a list, and get redirected to make a new thread. LOL

I'm sure John Krasinski could pull it off, but I'd much rather see Jensen Ackles do it. He looks like he would fit the part of a superhero more than Krasinski.

The other people, I am not familiar with without looking them up.

9. icegoat63

Most definitely..... I dont know whats worse, pulling actors from Cross Comics like Fantastic Four and Captain America... or pulling Actors from competing comics like DC's Batman and Marvels Fantastic Four to play an even different Marvel Character.

The only way to go is with Jensen Ackles... they just need to realize that :hah:
    ------
    how that happened I have no clue... but the link is fixed now. Sorry 'bout that.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

News on who might play the Main Villain in Captain America.

411mania.com: Movies - [Movies]
    Thoughts?

I was also thinking about on who could play Captain America, I came up with Gerald Butler, personally I think he could pull it off rather well.

Thoughts?