Movies The Search for Captain America

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
This is one of those movies I've been following the production of, even more so than I did with the First Spiderman. I feel that Marvel really has paid better attention to the success of its previous movies and compared it to the success of others like the Dark Knight. That formula has been working well for Iron man as of late and I believe that Captain America should not disappoint.

Having said that... Marvel is taking a look at actors now to play Steve Rogers;

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - John Krasinski as Captain America?

It could happen as Marvel conducts screen tests this week in its search for the actor to play Steve Rogers, the alter ego of the title character in its "Captain America" movie.

The company's latest superhero movie is being directed by Joe Johnston ("Wolfman") and tells the story of the young infirm man rejected from enlisting who becomes America's symbol of liberty during World War II and eventually a member of Marvel's superhero team the Avengers.

About seven actors have moved to the front of the super soldier serum testing line and have either tested or are expected to screen test this week and next at Marvel's Manhattan Beach, Calif., headquarters.

Those known to be on the list with Krasinski include Michael Cassidy (who appeared in "Smallvile" and who tested for the Superman movie when McG was going to direct it), Patrick Flueger (one of the stars of " The 4400 " who most recently appeared in the Tobey Maguire movie " Brothers "), Scott Porter (TV's " Friday Night Lights "), Wilson Bethel (" Generation Kill ") and Mike Vogel (" Cloverfield ").

Chace Crawford is also in talks to screen test, though no deal has been made.

Garret Hedlund, already starring in Disney's "Tron," was also on the list to test but has fallen off, at least for now, because of scheduling conflicts. Insiders say he may still make the testing round. Jensen Ackles is another actor who had scheduling conflicts.
NewsDaily: Jim from "The Office" among Captain America contenders
The one that I flat out want to see play this part out of this list is Jensen Ackles. That would be flat out perfect in my opinion.

Hows this list looking to you guys so far?

Last edited:
I would like to see John Krasinski in it, but to be honest, that is completely off of how much I love his Jim Halpert character. Would he work in this role? I have no idea, I don't even know much about Captain America. It would help being me into the theaters to see it though.

I remember Michael Cassidy from The O.C., I'd be curious to see how that'd work out.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I'm pretty excited about this movie, but I haven't been following it closely. I don't know a lot about those actors, so I'll reserve judgement.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
Personally I really agree with ice about Jensen Ackles. He'd be awesome for this role, he's really good at acting the tough guy and he's got the look of a Captain America in him lol. He was brilliant in Supernatural.

Mike Vogel would suck though, in my opinion.

I think this is kind of a deal breaker for making a good film, more so than in a lot of other films I've seen. Captain America should have a certain kind of appearance and persona IMO.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Personally I believe Chris Evans would do a good job portraying Captain America.
I agree with you... Only if it werent for the fact that he's already played the Human Torch. I mean thats like letting Tobey McGuire have a shot at playing Steve Rogers. :hah: Its just gonna cause to much confusion. While Evans would probably do a good job... I think he should be excluded simply because of his work as the Torch.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
Gotta agree with Ice again. They might be from different sides of the field, but Comics shouldn't Mix. :lol: Plus I don't think Chris Evans could make the role what it should be...

Last edited by a moderator:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Gotta agree with Ice again. They might be from different sides of the field, but Comics shouldn't Mix. :lol: Plus I don't think Chris Evans could make the role what it should be...
Most definitely..... I dont know whats worse, pulling actors from Cross Comics like Fantastic Four and Captain America... or pulling Actors from competing comics like DC's Batman and Marvels Fantastic Four to play an even different Marvel Character.

The only way to go is with Jensen Ackles... they just need to realize that :hah:
------
wtf? I clicked on the link expecting a list, and get redirected to make a new thread. LOL
how that happened I have no clue... but the link is fixed now. Sorry 'bout that.

Last edited: