• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The salesperson at your door...

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Do they show up at your door to advertise and sell products of a certain company? Do they come often?
Do you buy their stuff? Do you trust their stuff?

Neither do I trust, nor do I buy their stuff. It seems like what they sell is no the best quality on the market and most of the times I don't open the door when they show up.

stripes

Registered Member
We only ever have people turning up to shove religion in our faces. No other sales. I quickly point out I'm atheist, and let them know I'm not interested in what they have to say, but will take a leaflet if they have one. My partner is far more polite, and ends up being roped into long discussions as I giggle from another room.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
Rarely do I ever get salespeople at my door, the houses in my neighborhood have super long driveways, so I assume people just give up on selling things for that reason. I did one time buy a magazine subscription from a guy. He said it was for a school trip, but I went to that school and was aware they don't do fundraising... However, since he made me laugh a lot, I just went ahead and bought one. He is the only door-to-door I have ever bought from though aside from little kids doing school fundraisers.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
We only ever have people turning up to shove religion in our faces. No other sales. I quickly point out I'm atheist, and let them know I'm not interested in what they have to say, but will take a leaflet if they have one. My partner is far more polite, and ends up being roped into long discussions as I giggle from another room.
We get the Jehovah's "believers" at my door. They are nerve racking!!!!
My dad is like your partner. He ends up inviting them at our home. That's crazy and ridiculous.
The thing is that my dad takes them seriously and starts having serious and long discussion with nonsense stories about Jehovah.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
In Australia, door salesmen are very common. 80% of them are promoting Electricity/Gas companies which are hoax. I always tell them to go away.

Dabs

Registered Member
I'm very rude when it comes to situations like this. A salesman, a Jehovah, anything of the like. I do open the door, but I quickly tell them I am very busy and I don't have time for whatever they're selling or preaching, say sorry and then shut the door.

SuiGeneris

blue 3
In general, we don't get them too often where I live. Mainly because I'm on the third floor of an apartment building. There are still a few here and there. I normally listen to their prepped intro, listen to whatever they have to say and accept a pamphlet.

Yeah it might be an "Inconvience" for me, but you never know how bad someone's day is. No reason to be a raging dick about it. Maybe they are trying to support a family....etc

Dragon

V.I.P.
People knock on my door and i don't answer it because around here, people are getting robbed. they wait for people to open the door and make their way in. we get a lot of jehovah's witness that always come on a sunday. they seem to come to my house specifically. one time i was cleaning my car in my back yard and they had the nerve to walk back there. they wanted to talk to me and i told them i was on a tight schedule. they wanted me to read me a scripture and i told them i just dont have time and they left.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Lucky for me I live in a block of flats so they'd have to buzz my doorphone. To be honest I wouldn't even pick that up unless I was expecting someone.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's very rare that we have them coming to my house anymore, when I lived at my parents house it was more common. Like religious people, if a salesperson comes to my door I don't answer the door. I have a peephole on my door so I can see who's at the door before answering it.