• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Runners High

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
For those who struggle with depression (and for those who don't) the runners high is often helpful.

The runners high occurs when you walk, run, or do any aerobic exercise. The runners high is the result of certain chemicals in your brain that gets boosted.

The runners high is subtle, so your not going to feel sky-high from it. But it can help get you out of an emotional funk, and it only takes 5-15 minutes of exercise to get the high.

Unfortunately, not everyone gets the high every time. But it's worth a shot. And the physical benefits can help you emotionally in the long-term as well.

Lovemycharity

I think running is such exercise that is beneficial from every point of view. Its aerobic, reduces fat, makes heart well functioning, better blood circulation and activeness.

2010Dolby

Registered Member
I would get that high from football practice and games. It really helps to deal with the aches and pains you feeel from a contact sport. I havent exercised much since high school football haha but Iv been thinking about doing some light weightlifting again just to make sure I dont turn into skin and bones like I was my freshman year.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
One thing about running is that while it can give you the runner's high, most people you see running don't look to happy. Instead, they're usually huffing and puffing and sweating a lot. Hence, I stick with walking, which can also give you the runner's high.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I don't care how I look like. Whichever gives me the high I need would work for me. I do prefer walking than running just because I cannot run for hours without feeling I'm going to pass out. On the other hand, I can walk many hours and still feel "alive".

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I don't believe that I have ever experienced this runner's high. I tried and tried many times to induce it, but for some reason or another, I just didn't get those endorphins to kick in.