• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Royal Wedding

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was surprised to see on my local news this morning in St Louis that they are having a viewing party for the Royal Wedding. I guess there's some place in the area called the English something (sorry i didn't catch the name haha) and they are serving like tea and stuff. Cracks me up.

But no, I don't care about the wedding personally.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I was surprised to see on my local news this morning in St Louis that they are having a viewing party for the Royal Wedding. I guess there's some place in the area called the English something (sorry i didn't catch the name haha) and they are serving like tea and stuff. Cracks me up.

But no, I don't care about the wedding personally.
Seriously? Wow. Haha I'll have to tell my Mom about it, she's pretty stoked.

Personally, I don't really care. I can see the appeal but I can also see that in the modern world the whole "fairytale" thing has left the Royal Family in a lot of ways. They're a lot more human because of media, internet, etc.

But yeah, I wouldn't be interested in this kind of thing either way.

Brandon22

Registered Member
who cares....I have heard that people are taking holidays from work so they can watch it...seems stupid to me..but i guess to each there own

Bliss

Sally Twit
A lot of people care, Brandon. That's why it's being talked about by many and being televised.
In England we don't have to take it as a holiday. It is a public Bank Holiday now.

Brandon22

Registered Member
A lot of people care, Brandon. That's why it's being talked about by many and being televised.
In England we don't have to take it as a holiday. It is a public Bank Holiday now.

I know a lot of people care, I am just voicing my opinion

I don't care one bit about this

JudyView

Registered Member
Oh, I am very much looking forward to this wedding. It seems so much more genuine than Charles and Diana's. I can't wait to see the pomp!

harhar

I find this so strange. I don't understand why people hold parties for the Royal Wedding, especially when it's only the Prince getting married. I'm not saying it's a bad thing or anything, I would love to celebrate with you guys if I could. But it's just very weird to me.

None the less, I hope you guys have a great celebration.
Most likely because it will be a so called 'uneducated' Londoner running the country in the future. The Queen is extremely underrated as to how much work she actually does for the country. Which is probably why everyone is making such a big deal out of it.

As for me, I might go down to a local pub at most, nothing too special; just enjoy my day off.

WesJones87

RayzorBlade87
Personally, I don't get why a Royal Wedding should be any different from a normal wedding. It's a wedding, at the end of the day you wouldn't expect everyone in the country to stop working, have a party and watch your wedding, would you?

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Personally, I don't get why a Royal Wedding should be any different from a normal wedding. It's a wedding, at the end of the day you wouldn't expect everyone in the country to stop working, have a party and watch your wedding, would you?
I hear it's being paid for by the taxpayer, maybe that's what's different.

I'm 'working' that day now :lol: My friend asked to help with the Yu-Gi-Oh general play; it's gonna be awesome!

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's not a normal wedding because it's royalty who is getting married :lol:

Also, people are bound to be far more curious than with regular weddings where they have no clue about the bride/groom involved. Just like any 'celebrity' in the eyes of the media/public.

Last edited: