• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Royal Wedding

Bliss

Sally Twit
I know this is just another day for most of you, but many people in the UK will be having a party of some sort. Some people will even have a street party in celebration of the big day.

My friend is holding a party at his house with a British theme. The food will consist of cucumber sandwiches, victoria sponge, scones etc. He only wants 'posh' food lol. It's going to be a lot of fun.
He wants everyone to come round in the morning and stay for the entire day. We're just going to watch the wedding on his big TV and eat lots of posh nosh.

How about you?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
It's a pretty big deal over here in Aus too since we are under the same Royal Family. I won't be doing much myself but I know a few pubs etc are having special nights. I'm frankly just sick of hearing about it on TV. I feel like every time I turn the TV on now it's just stuff about the wedding.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I find this so strange. I don't understand why people hold parties for the Royal Wedding, especially when it's only the Prince getting married. I'm not saying it's a bad thing or anything, I would love to celebrate with you guys if I could. But it's just very weird to me.

None the less, I hope you guys have a great celebration.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I'm only celebrating because we get it off as a Bank Holiday each year lol. Plus I know I'll have a laugh with the 'British' theme.

Personally, I don't like the idea of their wedding being filmed live for everyone to see. It should be between you and your loved ones. But yeah, each to their own.

Stegosaurus

Registered Member
This isn't to be snarky but, like BR, I'm curious about people's different reasons for having a fixation on the royal wedding. I know that there're historical antecedents, nostalgic qualities, and symbols attached but I'm interested in understanding specifics.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't want to go off-topic here, but I am just wondering what your thoughts(Bliss) were about Princess Diana's funeral being filmed on live television. Do you have the same feelings about a live funeral that you do about a live wedding?

Bliss

Sally Twit
Almost definitely. BUT. I understand why people would have wanted to 'be there'. She was loved by so many people due to all of the lovely things she did. She was selfless, always doing what she could to help poor countries etc.

That was so long ago now that I don't even remember it being shown on telly.

It's strange to me because if you didn't know them personally then why would you watch/be at their funeral.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I'm not interested at all and probably won't even watch it on TV, but it doesn't bother me that there's a ton of fuss about it or anything. I don't know anybody who is having a party for it but I do think it's nice that people can feel involved. My grandma is a HUGE fan of the royal family and she is so excited to watch it.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
All this is irrelevant to my interests and attention.
And I do agree it shouldn't be filmed live. Stranger, is the fact that people will party because of it.
But I guess I'll be watching some of it, live on CNN.