The Roids!!!!

S

SexyKungFuSammy

It's time to show the cards that need attendtion. ROIDS. a Fairly good deck that is finally getting the dust brushed off them and getting out of the garage.

The first Roids.

Cycroid CRV-EN001
ATK/800 DEF/1000

Steamroid CRV-EN008
ATK/1800 DEF/1800
If this card attacks your opponent's monster, increase the ATK of this card by 500 points during the Damage Step only. If this card is attacked by your opponent's monster, decrease the ATK of this card by 500 points during the Damage Step only.

Drillroid CRV-EN009
ATK/1600 DEF/1600
If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, destroy the monster with this card's effect without applying damage calculation.

Jetroid CRV-EN011
ATK/1200 DEF/1800
At the time this card is selected as an attack target by your opponent’s monster, the controller of this card can activate Trap Card(s) from their hand.

Gyroid CRV-EN007
ATK/1000 DEF/1000
Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed as a result of battle, it is not destroyed. (Damage calculation is applied normally).

Patroid CRV-EN006
ATK/1200 DEF/1200
Pick up and look at 1 Set card on your opponent's side of the field, then return it to its original position. You can only activate this effect once per turn, during your Main Phase.

Steam Gyroid CRV-EN033
ATK/2200 DEF/1800
[Gyroid] + [Steamroid]

UFOroid CRV-EN010
Light
6 Stars
ATK/1200 DEF/1200
[Machine/Effect]
When this card is destroyed as a result of battle and sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon from your Deck 1 Machine-Type monster with an ATK of 1500 or less in face-up Attack Position. Then shuffle your Deck.

UFOroid Fighter CRV-EN034
Light
10 Stars
ATK/? DEF/?
[Machine/Fusion/Effect]
{UFOroid} + 1 Warrior-Type monster
A Fusion Summon of this card can only be conducted with the above Fusion Material Monsters. The original ATK and DEF of this card become equal to the combined original ATK of the 2 Fusion Material Monsters you used for the Fusion Summon of this card.

Newest roids and their support.

POTD-008
Submarineroid
Water/Machine/4/800/1800
This card can attack your opponent's Life Points directly. If it does, apply this card's original ATK during damage calculation. When this cards attacks, after damage calculation, you may change this card to Defense Position.

POTD-009
Ambulanceroid
Earth/Machine/3/300/1200
When a monster with "Roid" in its name would add to your hand from Graveyard, you can special summon this monster.

POTD-011
Rescueroid
Fire/Machine/6/1600/1800
When this card is face-up on the field, when a mmonster with "Roid" in its name is destroy as result of battle and sent to Graveyard, you may return it to your hand.

POTD-010
Decoyroid
Earth/Machine/2/300/500
When this card is face-up on the field, opponent cannot choose another face-up monster as target of attack other than [Decoyroid].

POTD-035
Ambulance rescueroid
Fire/Machine/6/2300/1800
[Rescueroid] + [Ambulanceroid]
This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon. When a monster on your field is destroy as result of battle and send to Graveyard, you may special summon that monster to your field in defense mode. This effect can only be used once per turn

POTD-036
Super Vehicroid - Jumbo Drill
Earth/Machine/8/3000/2000
[Steamroid] + [Submarineroid] + [Drillroid]
You can only use the above monsters when you Fusion Summon this card. When this monster attack a monster in defense mode, and the attack strength of this card is greater than the defense strength of that monster, do battle damage to opponent equal to the difference.

POTD-055
Wonder Garage
Normal Trap
When this card is destroy and send to Graveyard while set, you may special summon a monster with [Roid] in its name with level 4 or less from hand.

POTD-056
Super Charge
Normal Trap
If a Machine-type Monster with [Roid] in it's name is attack by an opponent's Monster, draw two cards.

Now for some Machine Support.
Limiter Removal

[Quick-Play Spell Card]
Doubles the ATK of all Machine-Type monsters on your side of the field. At the end of this turn, all the Machine-Type monsters on your side of the field are destroyed.

Power Bond CRV-EN037
[Spell Card]
Send, from your hand or your side of the field to the Graveyard, Fusion Material Monsters that are listed on a Machine-Type Fusion Monster Card, and Special Summon that Fusion Monster from your Fusion Deck. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon). Increase the ATK of this Special Summoned Fusion Monster by an amount equal to its original ATK. During the End Phase of this turn, the player who activated this card takes damage equal to the original ATK of the Special Summoned

Cyber Phoenix EOJ-EN009
ATK/1200 DEF/1600
[Machine/Effect]
While this card is in face-up Attack Position on your side of the field, negate the effects of any Spell or Trap Card that targets 1 Machine-Type monster on your side of the field. When this face-up card on the field attacks or is attacked, and it is destroyed as a result of battle and sent to the Graveyard, you can draw 1 card from your Deck.

is 3 main supports. NOt exculding the Cyber Dragon Family which can be splashed in. Blowback Dragon a great Machine. Jinzo is a Must in machine deck. 2400 good attack good effect even with lowering traps in decks.

How i see it. Roids is kinda like E hero's for machines for one exception. They have more playable effects and their fusions are not restricted to normal fusion summon except ambulance rescueroid.

I'm in the process of making testing a roid deck. Please post any thoughts about roids.

Turbo

Registered Member
The roids are a bit under-rated. i see jetroid, gyroid, submarineroid, and supercharge getting use in the near future.

S

SexyKungFuSammy

well i've deck tested out of 20 matchs i won 17 through various decks soul control DDV Zombie rush even against a well built elemental hero deck. Only common thing happened when i lost was over using resources but some matchs over using benefited me. and I've came up with several roids i am not using are patroid jetroid cycroid decoyroid(becoming an iffy) uforoid is singled and no uforoid fighter. now also i still need king of the swamps. now a basic break down to make this deck work fairly well drawing power is needed. my deck has 2 dekoichis, 2 cyber P, 1 supercharge , graceful charity, and Morphing jar and avarice in sided deck. also i have 1 powerbond 2 poly 1 future fusion and 2 earth hex seal and metamorphsis sided to help bring out steam gyroid and jumbo drill and the ryu senshi dark balter in fusion as well.

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
SexyKungFuSammy said:
well i've deck tested out of 20 matchs i won 17 through various decks soul control DDV Zombie rush even against a well built elemental hero deck. Only common thing happened when i lost was over using resources but some matchs over using benefited me. and I've came up with several roids i am not using are patroid jetroid cycroid decoyroid(becoming an iffy) uforoid is singled and no uforoid fighter. now also i still need king of the swamps. now a basic break down to make this deck work fairly well drawing power is needed. my deck has 2 dekoichis, 2 cyber P, 1 supercharge , graceful charity, and Morphing jar and avarice in sided deck. also i have 1 powerbond 2 poly 1 future fusion and 2 earth hex seal and metamorphsis sided to help bring out steam gyroid and jumbo drill and the ryu senshi dark balter in fusion as well.
Sounds like you have a good thing going on for you then. Please post your deck up so we can all take a look at it.

Vegito728 said:
Uh I really like Drilloid and Steamroid. Even those 2 ain't amazing. But all the others kind of well suck imo.
I know thats your oppion and all, but Patroid (I think that's the one) can be fairly good. I mean you can activate traps from your hand. That lets you play around Jinzo and other threats.

S

SexyKungFuSammy

well vegito you are aloud you opinion but see that where in lies the problem. Most people are not ever gonna look at roids because no one is gonna take them to reginals. i garentee if someone made an underrated deck to reginals and even top 10 it then there would be main variations of that deck.

Vegito728

Registered Member
I think they can be good if someone has the patience to make a deck around them and keep it. It would have to be a very good deck to compete with CCs.