The Rock vs Triple H - Backlash 2000

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Shooting_Palanx, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Do any of you guys remember this specific match in 2000?

I'd have to say that this is definitely in the Rocks and probably Triple H's top 5 greatest matches of all the time.

The crowd was INSANE, there wasn't a moment when the crowd stopped chanting for The Rock, or calling Triple H an asshole.

Hell, The Rock did a double Rock Bottom on both Triple H and Shane onto the announcers table, man I couldn't hear a thing because the crowd were so behind The Rock.

It was even crazier when Stone Cold made his return since Survivor Series in 99...and unleashed hell on everyone except The Rock with menacing chair shots, that actually looked like chair shots!?!

Linda Mcmahon comes out with a referee, and she pushes Stephanie out of the way, The Rock picks up Triple H for a spinebuster, only to deliver THE MOST ELECTRIFYING MOVE IN SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT! and the whole crowd was dying for The Rock to finally win the title ever since The Royal Rumble, and the ref counted with the crowd chanting the count as well, 1...2....3...

THE CROWD GOT SO LOUD, YOU COULDN'T EVEN HEAR THE ROCKS MUSIC!?! Everyone was jumping up and down, because FINALLY THE ROCK HAS WON THE WWE TITLE ONCE AGAIN!?!

I think this was definitely one of the greatest matches in the year 2000....so much build up, and considering how The Rock got screwed over time and time and time again....I think everyone was dying to see The Rock win, which he did.

I've never seen the Crowd this crazy....I think I spotted a bunch of people crying in the front row, I've never seen that in a crowd before, how people were so overwhelmed by a wrestler such as The Rock finally capturing the title after he was screwed so many times...

Comments?