The Rock, Stone Cold Who's Next?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Everyone knows that The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin could steal the show like no other. The way they control crowds is simply incredible. The question I have for you guys is do you see anyone in the future having such an impact like those 2 wrestlers did? Some people might think Triple H is doing it right now, but I beleive that he isn't in the same league as Stone Cold or The Rock.

Thoughts

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I always felt Triple H was in a level all his own. All three, Hunter, the Rock, and Stone Cold could and still do draw crowds whether they're in a ring or not. I think Cena is the one on the rise now, even though I'm not a big fan. The WWE needs personable characters that are more than just muscleheads or lightweight acrobatics. If Batista actually had a personality, he could be a good character because he's in very good shape and he's built like a damn truck.

Also, Taker, back in his prime, was one of those guys with incredible stage presence. You could just feel the surge when he hit the stage. He can still get a good reaction from the audience, but age is unfortunately catching up with him.

3. Babe_Ruth

Triple H as the whole package he can handle the microphone and his wrestling abilities are one of the best in the industry today. But if you compare him to a Stone Cold or The Rock he doesn't have that total control of the crowd like those wrestlers did. Don't get me wrong he does a wonderful job especially as a heel but he's not at that level. Plus he's getting up there in age aswell.

WWE is trying to promote John Cena to be their number 1 guy because he has the precence in the ring and his mic skills are one of the best today. But a lot of fans seem to hate this guy with great hatred. So he'll never reach that level of success.

In my opinion I don't see anyone being at that level right now, because they set the bar so high that it will be hard to take the torch and just run with it. But if I was going to pick one person it would have to be Mr Kennedy. I know I know, alot of people are like "What are you smoking?'' There's just something about this guy that makes me think he might be the Next Big Thing. He's one of the best mic talkers in the business, he's a tremendouns wrestler and he's an amazing heel. It might take this guy time to get to the show, but there's something that is telling me he'll get there.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I was thinking Kennedy as well, he's quite the source of entertainment.

5. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

I think that they should promote a guy like Kane or Chris Benoit as the next guy. I mean sure both are among the best of all time but they were never really given the whole spotlight especially Kane. He has been huge for the WWE since he came and he can impress the fans and send them into a frenzy with the Pyro , But the only downfall might be his mic skills. He is not very fluent in that regard.

I only find one thing wrong with promoting Cena is that more people are starting to dislike him then before. I mean sure at first people were on board with the guy even Me but over time and some of the things he done just drew fans away from him and if there is ever going to be another person like that then it has to be basically loved by a lot more people and have been through a lot more then Cena.

Aside from all that I can't think that there ever will be another guy like The Rock or Stone Cold. Both were such talented wrestlers and were great on the mic and with the fans. They stole the show more then once and they were always around in the title hunt. They are almost impossible to replace and the WWE better think long and hard before trying to find somebody else like them because it will be very hard.

6. Babe_Ruth

Kane or Chris Benoit will never be at the same level as The Rock or Stone Cold Steve Austin. They have no mic skills to speak of. To be able to control a crowd you have to be able to steal the show with your promo's and Kane & Chris Benoit cannot do that. Chris Benoit is a tremendous wrestler and his passion attracts crowds, but he's not even close to be at that level. Kane is alright but since he took off is mask and lost if original gimmick he's just been an overweight wrestler that is going down the drain.

Mr Kennedy is probably the funniest wrestlers today, and that's one of the aspect that The Rock or Stone Cold had in their repertoire that made them so great.

7. andrew_bishop

Plus Kennedy is young and truly gifted. If he sticks with the WWE then he could make a go of it but he needs to stay confident and keep up the skills he has. He is one of the best mic talkers in the WWE and he can make crowds jump up and cheer every night but he is still young and has not found a full potential. Once he does I think that he could be great in the business but once again it'd take a lot of work to get as good as either The Rock or Stone Cold.

8. Duke1985

Duke1985 EatsApplePieShitsFreedom

I've always been a fan of Edge and a long time Undertaker fan.

Edge I think has the Charisma to get Rock status.

9. andrew_bishop

I disagree. Edge has a lot of talent but he has been around a long time and I don't think he can reel in the fans quite like Stone Cold or The Rock did at one time. Especially since the last little while of his career he has been a heel. That's tough to come back from.

10. Duke1985

Duke1985 EatsApplePieShitsFreedom

True, still like him though.