• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Road to Wrestlemania

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Royal Rumble has come and gone and Wrestlemania 27 is starting to take shape. Here's what I'm thinking the direction WWE is going to go...

Miz vs John Cena
Del Rio vs Edge (maybe someone else?)
Undertaker vs Wade Barrett
CM Punk vs Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio vs Cody Rhodes

Any other guesses?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know if we'll see Undertaker this year, his body is in really bad shape right now and he cannot perform at a high level. We might see a Triple Threat match involving Undertaker instead of a one-on-one, that would be more convenient for Taker since he wouldn't need to wrestle the whole match, the other two guys could do most of the wrestling.

Del Rio vs Edge makes the most sense at this point, but since he's been on Raw during the last few weeks, it makes you think if he'll challenge the Champion on Raw instead of the one on Smackdown.

I do hope that we still see Money in the Bank again this year, there's a lot of possible wrestlers that could perform this year, Daniel Bryan being one of them.

Other than that, I cannot think of any other matches at the moment.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know, it is sounding like Undertaker is going to be healthy. If they bring in Brock Lesnar to ref then Undertaker will fight somehow, someway. I'm not saying it's gonna happen but that would be so huge.

Agreed about MITB...that needs to be on the show.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Great card Millz, I do think that the Undertaker will be back by Mania to face Barrett.

My predictions so far is pretty close to The Millz:

Miz vs Cena
Barrett vs Undertaker
Edge vs Alberto Del Rio
CM Punk vs Orton
Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston
Nexus vs The Corre
Hopefully a MITB match
Big Slow vs Big Cool Daddy Diesel (wishful thinking)

Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
title vs title makes a lot of sense and those two would put on a hell of a match. I hope that happens.

Interesting with Nash and Show...they did have an exchange. Would be cool for Diesel to get one more Mania match.

Jerry Lawler will be involved as well somehow.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I really don't know who Lawler is going to face. I want say Cole or a celebrity guest. But being involved in a 'big' match at Elimination Chamber who knows who he is going to face. I am pretty sure we are going to see the first 3 matches I picked though, those matches we can see happen a mile away.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Interesting thoughts on WM right now... but there are three (I hope) givens:

Miz (c) vs. Cena for the WWE Championship
Edge (c) vs. Del Rio for the WHC
Punk vs. Orton Grudge Match

Then there are these ideas:
Nexus vs. Corre
Wade vs. Taker in some capacity
Some sort of MitB match
Some Divas match
Cole vs. King gimmick match
Bryan vs. Kingston would be AWESOME

Kratzenkov16

Registered Member
it sounds like a solid ppv right now...

its fun to be able to predict stuff ahead of time but i also wish it was less obvious for some of these

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Well the main events are almost always set in stone at least a month or two in advance (with the notable exception of Jericho/Edge last year in recent memory), so having only two or three matches set in stone so far is good. We will know a lot soon after EC.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Another match I think is possible is Rey Mysterio vs Cody Rhodes, because Mysterio messed up Cody Rhodes face and he is not dashing anymore.