Movies The Riddler

Which Inception Actor Would You Prefer to See Play the Riddler?

• Total voters

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here's some very interesting news. Warner Bros. is unofficially reporting that one of the three main inception stars will likely play the Riddler in the upcoming untitled "Batman 3".

Who Will Play Batman 3's Villain? - Movies News at IGN

Out of these three, who would you like to see as the Riddler?

Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, or Tom Hardy?

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I don't think of Cappie as a villain. its something outside of his regular domain......

But I would go with Tom Hardy, he looks like a Riddler....

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't think of Cappie as a villain. its something outside of his regular domain......

Well technically Leo WAS the villain in Inception. Being a thief and all, right? :lol:

Personally I think Joseph Gordon-Levitt is the best pick. He actually would work out as a replacement Joker too if they wanted to do that (which they don't). Ever since seeing Inception I thought he looked like a slightly thinner Heath Ledger.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Until The Dark Knight no one thought of Heath Ledger as a villain either.

Well technically Leo WAS the villain in Inception. Being a thief and all, right? :lol:

Personally I think Joseph Gordon-Levitt is the best pick. He actually would work out as a replacement Joker too if they wanted to do that (which they don't). Ever since seeing Inception I thought he looked like a slightly thinner Heath Ledger.
I've already stated in the Batman 3 thread how much I would blow my load over a Joseph Gordon Levitt Riddler. He could definitely handle the intensity. It's funny you should mention his likeness to Ledger Brix, when I watched 500 Days of Summer I noticed exactly the same thing. Leo would also be an interesting choice. Both would get me excited but I think Levitt would have the edge.

Nolan loves re-using actors so any of the 3 wouldn't suprise me.

Last edited:

Unity

Flawless Victory
Staff member
Man, I still want to see that movie! :shake: Is that something that's known from the start?

----

I'd like to see Leo go into the role...I have a ton of respect for the guy as an actor, and I'd love to see how he does stretching into the role of such a unique villain.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt by a long shot.

Leonardo DiCaprio I've always loved to hate to much. The other guy looks to much like a Russian spy... but Gordon-Levitt... oh yeah.... he's got Edward Nigma written all over his face.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Man, I still want to see that movie! :shake: Is that something that's known from the start?
Yeah, you know it in the trailer and immediately at the beginning of the movie. It's not a surprise or anything. I wouldn't have posted it if it was lol. :lol:
------
I'd like to see Leo go into the role...I have a ton of respect for the guy as an actor, and I'd love to see how he does stretching into the role of such a unique villain.
I went with Levitt myself, but I wouldn't mind seeing Leo take this on either. After seeing "The Aviator" my respect for him as an actor skyrocketed. I personally had him pegged as my #1 pick for the Joker in TDK. I think that role would have been better suited for him but I think he could pull off the Riddler as well.

I think Joseph Gordon-Levitt is a better choice though, being more of a newcomer and all. He's more moldable in people's minds. They won't see "Joseph Gordon-Levitt" playing the Riddler. They might just see "The Riddler". If Leo plays the Riddler it's definitely going to be "Leo" playing the Riddler, just because of how well recognized he is.

Last edited: