• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

"The Rent Is Too Damn High" Party

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is just great... a new party has emerged in New York. It's called "The Rent Is Too Damn High" Party.

YouTube - The Rent Is Too Damn High Party's Jimmy McMillan at the NY Governor Debate

YouTube - CNN: Jimmy McMillan, the "Rent is too damn high" candidate among others

Seriously though, so the rent is too high... did anybody stop for a second and think that maybe it's so high because the owner of the building is having his or her taxes raised, and losing tenants? Perhaps they haven't paid off their building yet. If they don't keep up with the bank payments then they will have their building foreclosed on.

There might as well be a "The democrats raised my damn taxes so I raised your damn rent" party. :lol:

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm guessing he's advocating for rent controls which results in demand exceeding supply which creates apartments with substandard living...in other words slums.

Yeah, that idea has worked SO WELL before:rolleyes:

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
I understand that dude's been running for mayor in NY for awhile. I'm a bit disappointed he stole my idea for having an extreme single-issue party that refused to talk about anything else, though. My roommate and I have had a running joke for awhile about starting a party focused solely on campaign-finance reform, which was to be called the "gun metal" party, because "gun metal" was the coolest-sounding color we could think of. Oh well. I still have the "do nothing" party, which promises to do absolutely nothing if elected. Though, I guess that idea was also stolen, but by Republicans... oh, zing!

Last edited:

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I love how the Democrat says "well the rent IS too damn high....."
Irony at its finest.
You gotta love a funny guy in politics.

Double-R

Registered Member
Let me just say this: I've lived in Brooklyn all my life. When i was around age 16, I had to start contributing to the household in terms of rent, electricity, and the bare necessities. That said, I've never seen this guy in my life. I've never seen this guy advocate for anything within the boroughs til the debates.

He ended everything with "the rent is too damn high". My thing is, what the hell do you expect? Nothing in New York has ever been cheap. Even then, there are people who are in subsidized housing that really shouldn't be there! Even one beloved Charles Wrangel, another beloved politician, is using a rent controlled apartment as an office. But yet, the rent is too damn high.

To hell with the rent being too damn high. We're all going through the same problem all over the country. Focus efforts on cleaning up the corruption and bullshit tactics in Albany. The faster we get this idiot Patterson and his cronies out of office, the better things are going to be for the state in the long run.