The reasoning behind the recent WWE firings

Ryuk

Registered Member
From LordsOfPain.net:

sources: Wrestling Observer Newsletter, PWInsider.com

-- Perhaps the main reason World Wrestling Entertainment laid off a number of employees this month is because Vince McMahon himself believes the economy is going to take a turn for the worst this year, mainly due to his negative reaction to Barack Obama winning the United States presidential election. McMahon has been telling people he expects unemployment to hit 10% by the end of the year. While the economic woes haven't greatly impacted his company thus far, the cuts were made in preparation for what he expects to happen.
Well, there's optimism at it's finest.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
It's not a bad assumption, I have to agree with Vince on this one. If you run a business and you survived under Bush, and then you get a guy that comes into office and wants to spend our tax dollars and give it to the poor and bail people out. I would do the same thing. Unemployment this year will hit an all time high, and for people that are wondering why the Hall of Fame is not sold out yet is because Houston just got hit hard under this recession. If more and more people lose jobs, less and less people will go to the events. Obama said himself a couple of weeks ago, that unemployment will hit an all time high this year and businesses will have to make sacrifices.. Better to be on the safeside than on the other side.

Unity

MIB
Staff member
It's not a bad assumption, I have to agree with Vince on this one. If you run a business and you survived under Bush, and then you get a guy that comes into office and wants to spend our tax dollars and give it to the poor and bail people out. I would do the same thing. Unemployment this year will hit an all time high, and for people that are wondering why the Hall of Fame is not sold out yet is because Houston just got hit hard under this recession. If more and more people lose jobs, less and less people will go to the events. Obama said himself a couple of weeks ago, that unemployment will hit an all time high this year and businesses will have to make sacrifices.. Better to be on the safeside than on the other side.
Please don't turn this political! :sigh:

Ryuk

Registered Member
Please don't turn this political! :sigh:
From the getgo it's been political, at least on Vince's part:

sources: Wrestling Observer Newsletter, PWInsider.com

-- Perhaps the main reason World Wrestling Entertainment laid off a number of employees this month is because Vince McMahon himself believes the economy is going to take a turn for the worst this year, mainly due to his negative reaction to Barack Obama winning the United States presidential election. McMahon has been telling people he expects unemployment to hit 10% by the end of the year. While the economic woes haven't greatly impacted his company thus far, the cuts were made in preparation for what he expects to happen.