The Qur'an verse 9:11

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by pro2A, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Qur'an ( 9:11) -- For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

A little eerie considering this is from the Qur'an. What do you think about this verse?

Discuss...

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

America is not the land of Allah though.

Looking back, the planners of 9-11 could have done it on purpose to claim fulfillment of that prophecy.

I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

3. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

IMO, the part about "and there was peace" is a strong indicator that it's not talking about current events. I don't see it happening any time soon (if ever).

I don't think anything was implying we're the land of Allah. It's saying the wrath of (the US?) would be felt in the land of Allah (the Arab world), and that (the US?) would cleanse the lands of Allah.

4. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

I beg to differ on your first statement. Allah may be a Arabian term, but it still means God. And as the pledge states we are one nation under God.

so my thoughts are on the verse are its eerie.

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Mirage likes this.
  6. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

Holy crap. well, that sure sucks. I love snopes though

7. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Well... thanks for whizzing in my cornflakes :(

I liked that passage.

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Of course, I'm sure all the church ladies who got it in their email boxes loved it too.

:lol:

It's just plain old fear-mongering, Americans do it best.

9. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

I wish I could marry Snopes.com. They do more to fight bullshit on the internet than anyone else out there.

10. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Closed because the discussion topic is, well, false.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.