• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

the purpose of marriage

apple

Registered Member
Well ...
You think that it is the right of spouses to choose whether they wanted to or not procreation
( And I agree on this talk)
But ... Let us look for the long term
Here we will be apparent purpose of marriage
The couple go by the old
Then they would have no energy and strength
Then the urgent need for the son who helps you
And makes you feel proud of such a son
and I told you not tell me that these spouses love each other ... etc
Love between spouses something nice ... But to be able to give this love and tender to build family
That is something wonderful from you

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Its important to define the purpose of marriage and raising children is the number 1 purpose. If you came from a broken family, I think you would agree that a father and mother married is a much better environment and generally prepares people for life better than any other arrangement. If people want to be married w/o kids, that is fine, but like you, I feel sorry for them. They miss out on the greatest joy in life.

This is certainly not to shun anyone who is divorced or not married. Society can encourage a man and woman to raise children together w/o making those that choose not to feel guilty or inferior.

JjCrazyboy

Registered Member
marriage is a commitment between two people that they will live as one for the rest of their lives. Does everyone need to have kids? NO I have meant many people who I would say should never have children. I want children but the purpose of marriage is to give yourself over to another person without being selfish. IT teachers you an lot about yourself.

LittleLight

The purpose of marriage is simply "sharing" one's self with another entity. Having children comes probably in the second place. However, I believe that us, human beings like 'creation' and the act of giving life to another creature is joyful in itself. It's OK to postpone that act, but not OK to totally banish it from one's life in my opinion. :sigh:

JjCrazyboy

Registered Member
so your saying if someone does not have kids that it is wrong? I want to have kids with my wife but I do not think everyone should have children. I would not understand why you would not want children. I think it is part of life and it is an experience if you do not have you will regret. I do think it is ok to not have kids.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
So what if you find the one that you love and you both want children and you find out that you can't have children? Maybe you tried for years and years to have children and it just didn't work. Would you just leave the person that you supposedly loved for so many years just to find another that can have children? With some of the opinions here, that is what it sounds like you would do if you found out your mate coudn't have children. Or what if it was you that couldn't have them, but you find that out after you left the other person. I think that is an incredibly selfish way of thinking :confused: but you know that's just me. :stare:

I think sharing your life with someone should be a rewarding experience, and if you are lucky enough to be blessed with children, that's awesome. If not then it is still more rewarding than being alone the rest of your life :-/

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
So what if you find the one that you love and you both want children and you find out that you can't have children? Maybe you tried for years and years to have children and it just didn't work. Would you just leave the person that you supposedly loved for so many years just to find another that can have children? With some of the opinions here, that is what it sounds like you would do if you found out your mate coudn't have children. Or what if it was you that couldn't have them, but you find that out after you left the other person. I think that is an incredibly selfish way of thinking :confused: but you know that's just me. :stare:

I think sharing your life with someone should be a rewarding experience, and if you are lucky enough to be blessed with children, that's awesome. If not then it is still more rewarding than being alone the rest of your life :-/
good point. :)

Firzen

Registered Member

the solution sounds exactly the same (for me): bad luck
But you could adopt a child. Being part of the family defines not the genetical blood relationship but rather whether you love an accept the beeing by itself. Because of that can an animal a part of the family without being a relative.
If you think that way it doesn't matter whether you able to have kids or not. Part of the family could theoretical everyone.
And only two persons who have married are not for me something like a family.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
well actually have you ever been through the adoption process? It's not as simple as just "you could adopt a child" There is a huge waiting list for babies especially. The process itself is also very very expensive. Some people don't have the money to go through that process, for that matter fertility treatments, if a couple decides to go that route is always extremely expensive. Some people just don't have the finances to go through those kinds of processes. I know there are some people that believe no matter what it takes they will go through it so that they can have a baby. What use is it to do that and then be so far in the hole financially that you don't even have a good future for the child?

That is really beside the point though hehe The point that I was really trying to make was, if you find that you can't have children or even adopt them, why should we not be happy with the person we have chosen to be with. It happens....... and it's ok.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree, and as for adoption costing so much, do you know why? I never looked into this at all.. because I never had a reason to mainly, but, now I am interested in finding out why it is so expensive.

How expensive is it?