• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

the purpose of marriage

apple

Registered Member
in my view, is to establish a family and Stability
therefore, when I see a married person such as
Rachel ray.. working women, and married, aged 43, has no children
I think this is absurd ...
Let us be realistic
Men want to see children raised uproar at home
If women have rejected
I personally advise men to find another
and do not tell me
They love each other and do not want children ...
I do not believe it :mad:

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
hmmm well believe it or not there are some men and some women that don't want anything to do with children. They don't even like them in fact LOL I know people that don't want children. Of course two people can fall in love and want each other and no children. It's only natural for two people to fall in love. Why not? If they are perfectly happy without children who cares. I also know people that have married and had children and then divorced. Children are a huge commitment.

I would rather see a couple that has no children and are extremely happy with each other, than a couple that has children and are very unhappy and life is chaotic and the children end up getting abused.

The purpose of marriage isn't to have children. It's to find the one that you love and want to spend the rest of your life with. Both people wanting the same things. If children aren't a part of it. More power to em : )

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've known people who want kids who have married people who don't want kids. I wouldn't take that route though, no matter how great of a personality a girl had.

I want kids and would not marry somebody who did not.

cheekygirl

people get married because they are in love and want to commit to one another - whether that be with children in the future or not, the choice is theres.

apple

Registered Member
I've known people who want kids who have married people who don't want kids. I wouldn't take that route though, no matter how great of a personality a girl had.

I want kids and would not marry somebody who did not.
Uh, you always complicated for beginners
However, according to my understanding
You are opposed to the marriage, which does not have the results (of children)
I also
I mean ... Both individuals eventually feel bored of each other!

The purpose of marriage isn't to have children. It's to find the one that you love and want to spend the rest of your life with. Both people wanting the same things

Shadow_Dancer

My view on this is that people get married when they are in love unless something unexpected has happed.

What I mean by this is a bloke gets his girlfriend pregnant and her father has came around with a shot gun and told him to do the honourable thing. Or if it is in someone trust that they can only inherit if they marry by a certain age. (Marriage of convenience not of love)

Phoenix

Fee-nix
I feel that marriage is two people commiting themselves to eachother. Just as they can decide to have children, they can decide not to have children. That is their personal freedom- to choose how they wish to spend their lives together. They have many paths that they can choose to follow, and one of which is the choice of whether or not to have children.
Of course, if one of the people in the relationship is yearning to have children, while the other is not interested at all, it would be in their best interest to reconsider their relationship. However, if they are both happy with not having children, that is their right.

Firzen

Registered Member
In my point of view people marriage, because they want tax advantages (I don't know, whether the system is the same in other countrys) to have children under better financial conditions. If you don't want children, you shouldn't marry. The marriage is for me a symbol of family and only two adults aren't a family.

Shrek

Registered Member
Reminds me a philospher's cynical view "it is a cruel joke on humanity for the propagation of human species"

:nervous:

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
No where in the definition of marriage does it mention the need to procreate.
Marriage is two adults agreeing to a lifelong commitment (not that many make it that far anymore).
If they agree to have kids, great. If not, they can still stay married without penalties.