Sony The PSP.

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by 9ten, May 13, 2006.

1. 9ten

9ten Guest

Well, I'm 20 now, and I was thinkin of getting myself a new MP3 player as a present of some sort. But then I started thinking about the PSP, and how that could stand in as a good replacement. I know that gameplay-wise, it will last around 4 hours, but how long does it last when only music is being played? Cheers in advance. :)

2. i think about the same, if you're looking for a mp3 player i wouldnt get a psp, it also depends on how much music you have, cuz it only holds like 2 GB max, you can get 30 GB for 300 (ipod) or for about 400 you get a psp with about 2 GB of memory, but then again, if you wat the games and all i guess go for it, up to you .... i got both :D

3. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

Go with a real mp3 player... 4 hours of play time is really really not enough, especially since it always performs poorer in practice than in advertisement. Not to mention, on top of the price of the psp itself, you have to buy SD cards for it (which get pricy if you want them to hold anything worth speaking of).

4. moose

moose O N03Z!!! 4 /V0Z!!!

The psp can go longer while playing music. the backlight will shut off after un while.

5. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

My old mp3 player was advertised as 12 hours playtime, but only got around 8... and I was finding 8 wasn't really enough... most people dont want to charge their mp3 player every time they aren't using it.

6. moose

yeah my shuffle gets around five. but it can hold like only 5 hours of music

7. 9ten

9ten Guest

Well, I ran into something on the internet (which I didn't come across before), and on one of their tests, it had the PSP quoted at "10 hours, 39 minutes", with the screen turned off, which is not bad at all. Because its Li-ion, you'll need to charge the batt as often as possible. I don't mind the three gigs, my entire MP3 collection at its peak didn't really come to that much.

8. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

You plan on changing songs ever, or do you just have a playlist that will keep playing and playing without you having to touch it? If you ever change your songs, or browse through them, or anything like that, the screen has to be on.

9. moose

You can turn it on to look and then theres a button with a rectangle on top of it next to mute that will turn off the screen again.

10. Sephiroth_Masamune

Sephiroth_Masamune l 7SIN Sasori l

PSP is worth it I guess but you have to buy the card and depending on the size it could get expensive. It also plays games and movies as well as browse the net(not at all worth buying for that only though...). I say get the PSP because I own one and have 2 mem sticks for music and games and it seems worth it. It's just the fact if you want to lug that around instead of a shuffle or vid Ipod. =/

It all depends man.