Movies "The Prestige" Wow... a MUST SEE!

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Mirage, May 13, 2007.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I just watched "The Prestige" and I have to say it was a MIND BOGGLER!

If you like to think and be on the edge of your seat this is a must see for you. It has Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Michael Caine, and Scarlett Johansson in it and will keep your mind spinning the entire time. Even Andy Serkis (Gollum, King Kong) is in it. :)

Who else has seen it?

If you have please remember to use the [ SPOILER ] tags when talking about specific details so others don't have the movie ruined for them. :)

For those of us who have seen it, do you agree that it was one of those movies that you love and hate at the same time? After thinking everything through I couldn't help but be mad at how some things turned out but not mad enough to hate the movie entirely. Just mad enough to keep thinking, which makes me like it because I like any movie that makes me think! :)

2. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Easily one of my favourite films, Ive watched the dvd quite a few times now. Have you seen Memento andrew? its by the same directer but it was out quite a while ago. Christopher Nolan has directed some of my favourite all time films, Memento, The prestige AND Batman begins. He can do no wrong for me right now.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm surprised nobody else replied to this one yet. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who liked it! :)

I have seen Memento. A lot of people don't like Memento but I really liked it. I loved how it played "backwards". (I also found it funny that two main actors from the Matrix were in it).

Anyway, Christopher Nolan is definitely doing some great stuff lately. His style isn't for everybody though but it definitely suits me.

4. Teorropy

Teorropy Registered User

I watched it, it was awesome.

I couldn't figure it out until the last part of the movie.

Him having a double at the end, really threw me off, but when I saw that, it all came together.

Awesome movie, a must watch.

5. Altanzitarron

You may wanna spoiler tag that mate.

6. JjCrazyboy

JjCrazyboy Registered Member

What I really like about this movie is how it played out like a magic trick.
    The movie was all about disception and mystery and the end there is always a prestige. It is very clever and very good.

7. Link_Q

Link_Q Registered Member

yes when I saw it I was wondering until the last moment ,,, and at that moment I was like " Oh My god this is what we should really call it amazement !!!!! "
    fantastic !!!!

if you liked this you might like The Illusionist as well ,

these two movies are perfect !

8. Altanzitarron

Yeah the illusionist is ok but I didnt think it was as good as the prestige. I dont think I'll ever feel the urge to watch it again whereas I've watched the prestige quite a few times already.

9. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I just watched this movie and I thought it was great. I love movies that are unpredictable. The ending was definitely a shocker. Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman are awesome actors. I really want to watch it again now.