• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The President's Speech

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Regardless of how you feel about the guy, you have to hand him one thing; He knows how to laugh at himself and have fun. Here's a "movie trailer" they played at this year's annual White House Correspondents Dinner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=508aCh2eVOIa

I haven't seen the King's Speech, but apparently this is a loosely based parody in concept on some level. I thought it was pretty funny. It's good to see that everything isn't 100% serious all the time in D.C. "nod:

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
It's nice and all, but I don't fundamentally like the event. Journalists laughing and rubbing elbows at a black-tie event with the politicians they're supposed to be busting? Seems fundamentally wrong to me.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
It's nice and all, but I don't fundamentally like the event. Journalists laughing and rubbing elbows at a black-tie event with the politicians they're supposed to be busting? Seems fundamentally wrong to me.
I agree, and to complete the circle-jerk with a bunch of Hollywood "celebrities"? Ruling class elitism.