The Postive Pessimist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ScottOnly, Mar 9, 2009.

1. ScottOnly

ScottOnly Registered Member

All my life I've been what most would call "strange". I tend to think outside of the box and I have the most unorthodox thought patterns. For instance, I am in a tornado warning and all I can think of is how cool it will be if my house gets hit and I get the insurance money. (I'm insured for more than the house is worth.) That and I think tornados are just awesome. Some people find my logic to be perplexing, and some offensive.

What I want to know is, am I the only one who thinks this way? Or are there a few of you GF'ers out there that are just as crazy as me. If so, explain what makes you think the way you do.

2. Jaszibabes

Jaszibabes The Instigator V.I.P. Lifetime

I guess a couple of times I have wanted someone to hit my car for insurance money but other than that... I don't think I would want a tornado to hit my house. Haha. Maybe if it was insured for more than it's worth I would think differently! :)

3. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I thought you were a little nuts in chat, and I still do here :lol:

But maybe if it was something a little less extreme, like Jas mentioned with the car I'd be able to understand it. It's not something i'd look forward to though.

4. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I don't think that makes you crazy, I think it makes you interesting. You should be glad you're the type of person to think outside the box as it were.
    I've never had those type of thoughts but I have had some weird thoughts out of nowhere. I always imagine different situations and how I'd handle them. One I thought of the other day when I was on the bus is how I'd get out if it crashed and landed on its side.
    It's not like a phobia.. I wasn't scared of the bus crashing - I was just passing the time.