"The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero: The Next Rocky?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by wooly, Jan 13, 2010.

1. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Elijah Burke never caught my attention much in WWE but since he's moved to TNA, D'Angelo Dinero is quickly becoming my favourite wrestler around.

Personally, i think D'Angelo Dinero could be the next Rock. He's naturally funny like The Rock and he's got a huge amount of charisma, both when wrestling and cutting promos. Plus while he might not have AS much charisma as The Rock (who does?) he's one of the most charismatic wrestlers around today and i'd say he's definitely a better in ring performer than Rocky. He's one of the best in the business today. If TNA can somehow manage to actually challenge the WWE, i think Pope could be a huge turning point. As important for TNA as The Rock or Stone Cold were for WWF during the monday night wars.

I love his image, his gimmick, his promos, his wrestling ability, even his entrance theme is awesome!!!

YouTube - "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero Official Theme - "Catholi-Funk" + Titantron Loop

Pope be pimpin'!!! :cool:
    ------
    Incidentally i'm crap at any kind of photo editing so it took me well over an hour, maybe close to two, to make this avy/sig set.... But it's pretty damn pimpin'!!! :D

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
    Millz likes this.

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

WWE misuses a lot of wrestlers and Elijah Burke was one of them. I'm at least glad he found a job else where, and luckily TNA is a good backup for people who aren't given the chance in WWE. Oh, and that's not to say TNA is second class, just... well, you know what I mean. =P

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I am a fan of The Pope, he showed lots of potential on Smackdown as Elijah Burke, and the wWE dropped the ball big time on him, just like they did with A.J Styles(blame J.R for that one)

But I wouldn't go as far and say he's the next Rock, he has a lot of charisma and he's very talented in the ring, but there's no way that he'll go as far as The Rock when it comes to microphone skills, crowd reaction, popularity and many more things that made The Rock so great.

4. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

He is definitely as talented as the Rock when it comes to in ring ability, but matching the mic skills and definitely the popularity would be tough.

He reminds me of a young Rock in a lot of ways though. Not the fully evolved 'People's Champ' Rock, but when he first quit the Rocky Maivia gimmick and became the Rock. His promo style, his personality, his humour, and he's already got a number of catchphrases behind him!

If he's pushed properly in TNA he could become TNA's version of The Rock, and i think he could be just as talented, even if he doesn't reach the global popularity that The Rock did (though in fairness, it's unlikely anyone will unless wrestling regains the fanaticism in it's audiences that it once had. Pope matching The Rock in popularity i think depends on the unlikely event of TNA challenging WWE)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Honestly I think the Pope is already better then the Rock in the ring. The Rock was average, IMO, in the squared circle. He made his money with his mouth for the most part. That lifted elbow move is off the charts awesome.

Wooly, you might be onto something here with Dinero. The second I heard his voice when he introduced Slyvester Terkay on Smackdown I knew i was going to like him. I'll be closely watching his progress.

6. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

youre too kind...the rock was below average in the ring...

i like burke too...hes got a fun look and hes good on the mic...wwe def shouldnt have released him

7. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

The Rock was above average in the ring in my opinion, he was entertaining as hell in the ring, which really is the idea in wrestling these days.

As for the Pope, yeah I can definitely see through his charisma, and his promos how he can be seen as the next rock....but I feel it's this cheesy pope gimmick that would bring him down a bit.

I guess it's just me, we need to see more of Burke imo....

The difference was that The Rock made his gimmick his own, Burke still has some ways to go though, he's awesome to watch hehe.

8. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

in what possible way???...