THE POLICE BEAT Maurice Clarett's @$$

R

R.Lewis_52

But he deserved it....dudes got issues.....

Ex-Ohio State RB Maurice Clarett arrested
Associated Press

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Former Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett tussled with police during a traffic stop early Wednesday before officers discovered four loaded guns in his sport utility vehicle, a police spokesman said.

Officers used Mace to subdue Clarett after a stun gun was ineffective because the suspect was wearing a bullet-resistant vest, Sgt. Michael Woods said.

"It took several officers to get him handcuffed," Woods said. "Even after he was placed in the paddy wagon, he was still kicking at the doors and being a problem for the officers."

Clarett, 22, is currently awaiting trial on two counts of aggravated robbery, four counts of robbery and one count of carrying a concealed weapon in a separate case. Authorities said he was identified by witnesses as the person who flashed a gun and robbed two people in an alley behind the Opium Lounge in the early hours of Jan. 1.

Clarett scored the winning touchdown in the second overtime to lead Ohio State to the 2002 national championship, the school's first since 1968. But that was the last game the freshman played for Ohio State. He sat out the 2003 season after being charged with misdemeanor falsification on a police report, then dropped out of school. He sued to be included in the 2004 NFL draft and lost in court.

A surprise third-round pick in the 2005 draft, he was cut by the Denver Broncos during the preseason

Dr. Fresh

Mmmm.... Lesbians.
He's not stupid, and he's not a dumbass. Look at our society today. He's been crying for help since day one. And what do we do? We let him suffer. What can one do if his only love, the only reason he continues to live is football and we take that away? What can he do? He doesn't know any better. He needs help and we're not giving it to him. This kid, yes, he's STILL a frickin' KID, needs help and needs to get his life back on the right track.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He had a chance to make the NFL because he did get drafted by the Broncos, but he never made the team, he shouldn't never left the Buckeye's early, because that ruined is career right there, because he took a year off, and lost a lot of is abilities. It's ashame because I really liked him in Ohio State.

Dr. Fresh

Mmmm.... Lesbians.
Vince Carter said:
He had a chance to make the NFL because he did get drafted by the Broncos, but he never made the team, he shouldn't never left the Buckeye's early, because that ruined is career right there, because he took a year off, and lost a lot of is abilities. It's ashame because I really liked him in Ohio State.
Yeah, he was being selfish and rushed into things. However, that doesn't mean we shouldn't help him anymore. We're letting this kid suffer and go further down the wrong path. He needs some serious talking to, and mental rehabilitation.

People have tried to help him. He is too high and mighty to accept it though. He still sees himself as "hot shit" and thinks he's above it all. That is why I'm glad he got beat. Hopefully it will beat some sense into him.

Dr. Fresh

Mmmm.... Lesbians.
Like I've said, this kid has mental issues. He needs to be in a rehabilitation center and get back on the right path. That won't happen if he keeps getting released on bond, on bail, or whatever the hell. He needs to be supervised, treated, rehabed, then released only when they know he's alright.

E

eric

Dr. Fresh said:
No one deserves a beating, you fool. He's a kid. He needs HELP, NOT a beating.
I agree he needs some psychiatric help, about the beating though, based on his disdain for the truth in the past, I would be surprised if his said of the story is accurate. I can't really think of an athlete that has gotten so many extra chances, at OSU, the NFL etc. and so far, he hasn't attempted to help himself at all. Just my opinion though.