• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Awesome The Pikes Peak Incline

dDave

V.I.P.
One of the most popular hikes in my area, I like it a lot. It's a straight shot up the side of a mountain on what used to be a railway.

Here's a video that someone took of themselves hiking the thing all the way up.

If You're From Colorado, This Is Something Insanely Awesome You Can Do (If You're Brave Enough) - Movoto

I've actually thought about trying to film like this before but I was never in good enough shape nor did I have the means to be able to confidently go at constant speed while holding a camera.

Still, this is awesome.

If you visit Colorado then you're likely to hear someone talk about the Incline. This is what they're talking about.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I've read about this before from you and Andrew. However, I never knew that is used to be a RR. That's insane. I would never go up or down that in a train.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
When we were in Colorado I remember driving up some of the old RR tracks. Sometime when you got to a switchback we had to back up to make the turn. Some in larger SUV's couldn't do it in some places. The trains had to go forward then backwards to make it up.