The pick for member of the month is a joke

Discussion in 'The Bathroom Wall' started by Merc, May 22, 2008.

1. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Member of the month: viLky

Discuss.

Vegito728 and Major like this.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

The award has lost all meaning. I'll just leave it at that.

Vegito728 likes this.
  3. Merc

The fact that people voted . . . it frightens me.

4. padd

padd Registered Member

Jeanie should've won

5. Merc

God I'd pick Jeanie a thousand times over viLky.

Who honestly voted for him? His posts are . . . ugh.

Swiftstrike likes this.
  6. padd

padd Registered Member

idk i was suprised he had 10 picks.. no offense vilky, he posts really good in the wrestling section... but, idk about elsewhere because i haven't seen in a while.. how do you become member of the month when you're not even a member for half the month?

Charisma?

7. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

He was just the outstanding newbie at the time. I've never voted in the MotM polls (or at least I try not to). Maybe except for once. and that was for Swift I don't know how many months ago.

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I voted for Jeanie. But honestly, if Jeanie weren't in the ballot, I would have voted for vilky because at that time, all the other candidates were people I don't really know and haven't had much time to talk to in the boards so why vote for them? Vilky was really active the previous month before the nomination and it doesn't surprise me that he has made several friends who enjoyed his posts and therefore voted for him. Anyway his win wasn't as much as plenty voted for him (he just got one vote more than the 2nd placer, jeanie; swift split the votes, lol).

Last edited: May 23, 2008
    Clear_Note, Vegito728 and Swiftstrike like this.
  9. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well any "election" where the person you vote for loses is going to leave a bad taste in your mouth.

I'm sure the people who voted for him, myself included (well sort of, it was a tie and I bowed out) don't mind that he won. He's been an active member and enough people thought he deserved the win.

He started 40 threads in the past month which have generated over 600 replies and it was even higher last month when he won.

I think it was a well deserved win. MOTM shouldn't be simply a popularity contest.

ysabel likes this.
  10. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Vilky is awesome. I voted for him because he is funny and nice to chat to. He makes a lot of threads that people always respond to and he's very active.
    How can you act like such a jerk about it?

He must be doing something right if he won.

icegoat63 likes this.