The Philippines

Iris

rainbow 11!
What continent do they belong? My friend is from there, so we make fun of her and call her things like, "Asian whore," slave, blah blah. We also tell her things like, "go knit me a sweater" All in good fun, of course.

But she swears up and down that she isn't Asian, that she is Pacific Islander.

Now, I know this is a stupid thread and I wouldn't have made it if it wasn't for the fact that I've had several people say the same thing about The Philippines.

Many, many people. :stare: But I've also had about the same amount say that they belong to the Asian continent, thus making people there Asian.

Last edited:

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Wow, those remarks would get you bloody expelled in school I go to, especially if the kid gets offended. Well, I know that people would here.

On the topic, yeah. From what I've learnt at school, Phillipines are based on the Asian race.

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
Hime, regardless of where it is located, if she insists she is not asian (though it is located there) don't refer to her as one.
Perhaps where she comes from they defines Asia differently than us.

Iris

rainbow 11!
It's a big joke, trust me. She beats me up all of the time. :3 I've known her since the fourth grade.

But the jokes have cooled and now we just argue whether or not it's part of the continent.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
It's a big joke, trust me. She beats me up all of the time. :3 I've known her since the fourth grade.

But the jokes have cooled and now we just argue whether or not it's part of the continent.
Don't you have a basic geography class where you can point out the fact to her? :lol:

Btw, I may be française but I was born there so I know.

Bananas

Endangered Species
I would consider the Philippines as Asia, along with Indonesia(most of) and Malaysia.

In my eyes the pacific islands start with Papa New Guinea, an island quite a bit further south and east than the Philippines.

Regardless; Stop teasing your friend, jokes about ethnicity are rarely jokes however much jest is intended they can still hurt.

Last edited:

Iris

rainbow 11!
Bananas, is that the point of my thread? No.

Do you know me or do you know her? No. So stop acting like you know what you're talking about. :/ They crack ethnic jokes on me, it's a big game. I'm going to turn out a drunk with an abusive husband because I'm Scottish.

She will make sweaters...

I know this is a stupid thread, but there is a large number of people who have been saying that they are not part of Asia, so after tons of arguing, I started to doubt myself.