• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Perfect Party

Impact

V.I.P.
This thread was actually inspired by an ad for one of those crappy reality tv shows where they compete to throw the best party. So, what is your idea of the perfect party. How many guests, location, food, activities, music etc

For me, I love backyard/house parties. So a bbq and beers with good friends to start off, then migrating inside for a house party as it starts to cool down and more people show up. Music would have to be rock or classic party tunes to start off, then getting into some more modern dance music as everyone got drunker. There of course needs to be a keg, and many drinking games involved.

So, how about you guys?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Chilling at my house with friends with some awesome music and tons of stuff to do. Being underage, alcohol is never there (for legality sake).

Also Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Lots of that, too.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Most of the parties I attend are a warm up to a pub/club crawl. So long as alcohol, music and good friends are involved I'm happy. Although the pub/club crawl aspect does drag in the opportunity to meet new people. Most of the my 'party' situations are great, in the sense that they bring along something new to each scene.

Specifics like a BBQ or 'being there to celebrate something' are generally irrelevant.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I prefer to go out and party at night in the club. Beers [without getting drunk]and mixed music from the '90s would be ideal for me.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I like Impact's example. I like house parties a lot more than going out so what she described would be good.

That way I have somewhere to sit, can talk to people easier, and do whatever else.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Backyard parties are my favorite. Ideally there's a bonfire, beer, BBQ, and some mellow music.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Your party sounds pretty awesome, Lauren, except for the keg and drinking games. Good music, lots of good conversation, and good food. A nice spread of good appetizers is good because then the host doesn't have to worry about cooking while the party is happening. Smoked salmon pinwheels, marinated roasted veggies, baba ganouj, a variety of olives and cheeses, etc.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Your party sounds pretty awesome, Lauren, except for the keg and drinking games. Good music, lots of good conversation, and good food. A nice spread of good appetizers is good because then the host doesn't have to worry about cooking while the party is happening. Smoked salmon pinwheels, marinated roasted veggies, baba ganouj, a variety of olives and cheeses, etc.
I think the British party may differ from those held across the pond. To me, your party, sounds like a funeral with odd music choice, and the worst buffet in the world. Sorry.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I think the British party may differ from those held across the pond. To me, your party, sounds like a funeral with odd music choice, and the worst buffet in the world. Sorry.
I didn't mention any music in my post, I said that the party in the OP sounds perfect and she lives in the UK. so I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
I didn't mention any music in my post, I said that the party in the OP sounds perfect and she lives in the UK. so I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
Was talking about your party choice. --- wondering if tastes differ across the pond. Also, this little snappy salvo might boost Impacts thread size, which will be pleasing.

You typed this:
Good music, lots of good conversation, and good food.

Music? --- Good music is rarely held at funerals. Hence my comment.

Actually, I'm being a bit of a bastard. Got your attention though - I just found your party food perplexing because I haven't heard of a 'pinwheel' and dislike that sorta 'finger food'. --- Nonetheless, I was being an arse there, so sorry, I know it's each to his/her own. --- Although, seeing as the attention has been seemingly grabbed, I would like to continue with a discussion into differing party trends from different sides of the ocean.

E.G --
Over here a few of the following occur (aside from the norm of being with friends and listening to music etc): I may or may not have involved myself with these.
*Vodka through the eye.
*Drunken Cluedo.
*Kebab after boozing.
*Pass the parcel.
*Prank phone calls.
*Party trick stuff (which is shit).

Although, perhaps you don't drink. In which case, this has been a waste of both our time. -- Or perhaps you can suggest non-alcohol orientated party antics and I'll discuss whether or not they seem to be commonplace in the bit of the UK that I live. What you reckon? *awaits a big fat 'NO' and the words 'prick, knobhead' and 'fuck off' in that precise order*.