• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV The Pacific

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I just bought the TV mini-series called The Pacific.

The Pacific (TV mini-series 2010) - IMDb

Made by the same guys who did Band of Brothers, Hanks, Spielberg and company. I haven't seen Band of Brothers but I've heard great things about it. It's 530 minutes long, it's a ten part series, so I'm pumed to watch it. I think I'm going to sit down and try to watch most of it next Saturday.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Band of Brothers is probably one of the greatest things to have graced TV ever. I take every single chance to see it when it comes on a public channel (History and Spike, VERY rarely). I really want to see the Pacific, even if its half as good as BAnd of Brothers. The directing is awesome, the acting spectacular, the script brilliant, the plot fantastic. Watch it.

If you like the Pacific, definitely get Band of Brothers.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
The Pacific was not as good as Band of Brothers. Still watch it, it is okay.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
You're doing well by watching The Pacific first. I can't explain the major casting difference because it would be a huge spoiler, sadly. Band of Brothers is a masterpiece of film. Each episode is wrought with emotion and wonderful character development. You'll want to watch the next episode as soon as you've seen the last, and they're not short at all.

The Pacific doesn't give those feelings, but tis' good. Very good. The cinematography is amazing and the characters are very likable and are easy to relate to. The storylines aren't the greatest but they do a great job of portraying the Pacific campaign in a realistic light rather than a "We kicked Japan's ass" light.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I finally started to watch this and I love it. I've only seen the first two DVD's and a bit of the third one but I have no complaints whatsoever. I agree that the characters are very likeable, I have to say that Lucky is probably my favorite right now. So far in the first two parts of this series, he's been through a lot during his time in the War.

I can't wait to watch some more, I might spend most of my Saturday watching a few more of the DVD's. I'm a nut for these type of things, and right now I'm loving every minute of The Pacific.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I haven't seen this or Band of Brothers. I've been meaning to watch them for a long time now. Whenever I see a Band of Brothers marathon on TV I've already missed the beginning, so I don't watch it. Everyone says it's amazing though, so it's definitely high on my list of things to see.