• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox 360 The Orange Box

Gwiz

Registered Member
Brought it today and it's a great deal. You get 5 games in 1. Half Life 2, Chapter1, chapter2, Portal and Fortress 2.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have it for PC. I have never been a fan of ports.

How does it play on XBOX? I'd be interested to see how Team Fortress 2 was on the XBOX 360. From what I've heard so far it doesn't work as well on LIVE as it does on PC, mostly because of the limited controls for the 360 version.

Teorropy

One of the top games I will be getting for the PC and Xbox 360. Along with Halo 3 of course. (off topic)

Kamikaze

Registered Member
I have it for PC. I have never been a fan of ports.

How does it play on XBOX? I'd be interested to see how Team Fortress 2 was on the XBOX 360. From what I've heard so far it doesn't work as well on LIVE as it does on PC, mostly because of the limited controls for the 360 version.
I really don't like TF2 for the 360, doesn't feel right.

The other games however are perfect nothing wrong with them

dDave

V.I.P.
I think that the orange box is only meant for PC, I am hoping to try portal soon it looks interesting and I want to give it a chance, as for Team Fortress 2 I am no good at that game, before I play Half life episode one or episode 2 I need to beat Half Life and Half Life 2, obviously I have a lot of gaming ahead of me, but I'll finish it all eventually.

Kamikaze

Registered Member
Half Life 2 goes on forever... It's brilliant, knows how to keep you hooked

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I've really been meaning to get into Half Life game, but I don't have the cash or time. Andrew talks very highly of it to me. I want to get a nice handle on things before the Goldeneye Source mod is finished.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
The GoldenEye Source mod came out a while ago but it wasn't very popular. It was fun but the maps weren't done to scale and they seemed misshapen. They also didn't back up their site and lost it all to a server crash a month ago or so.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Portal is pretty decent. It's a maze type puzzle game where you create "portals" on walls, floors, ceilings, etc that lead to other portals. Where you place them changes where you will go if you walk through it. It's kind of weird but challenging at the same time. I've played it for about a half an hour so far.