The Open 2008!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by English-Emo-Boy, Jul 15, 2008.

1. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

Golfs most prestigious competition starts on thursday from Royal Birkdale.

With the omission of Tiger Woods from the field this year the competition couldn't be tighter in relation to picking a winner. There must be at least twenty players who would fancy being in the hunt come Sunday evening.

I'm backing the British contingent in Justin Rose and Lee Westwood to keep the Claret Jug in Britian.

Who are you lot backing and who do you think will be Open Champion?

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

That's debatable. I guess it depends on which side of the pond you live on.

Phil Mickelson has always been my favorite golfer, but he usually doesn't fare too well in the Open Championship. Maybe Retief Goosen or Padraig Harrington. I haven't been following golf as closely this year so I don't really know who's playing well.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It won't be as entertaining in my opinion because Tiger Woods will be missing this Open because of an injury.

But I have a feeling that Sergio Garcia will take it, he's been playing decent of late and I think he's going to pull it off.

4. English-Emo-Boy

K J Choi leads at the half way stage with a -1 score.

With the first two days being dominated by high winds and heavy down pours it proved tough for anyone to take a grip on the score board.

The cut amazingly stood at +9.

With the weather set to get worse over the weekend it looks like a couple of 72 rounds would be enough to take the claret Jug.

5. Major

I didn't get to watch much of the first two rounds, but I'll be watching this weekend for sure. I turned it on today and saw Greg Norman and David Duval near the top! How did that happen! I wouldn't mind seeing either of them win. I like K.J. Choi too. Should be an entertaining final 36 holes. I love when the course kicks the players ass like this.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

When I saw Duval on close to the top on the leaderboard, I was totally shocked. This guy has went into the deep end of Golf in the last couple of years. But if he does win then it's going to be a fill good story. I'm just happy that Mickelson is struggling, I cannot stand watching that guy, he bores me so much.

Vegito728 likes this.
  7. English-Emo-Boy

I love his technique though. A lovely smooth left hand action.

8. Major

How can he bore you? He's one of the most notoriously aggressive players on tour. Plus it's impossible not to love watching his short game.

And holy shit, Greg Norman has a two stroke lead after 54 holes! :shocked: It's great to see the Shark back on top of his game. It would have to go down as the most shocking major winner in the history of golf. I'll be cheering for him.

9. English-Emo-Boy

It would be fantastic if the Great white could hold onto his lead.

I don't think he will though.

10. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

No Tiger Woods = no reason to watch.