• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV The Onion presents SportsDome

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
The Onion Sports Network

This show premieres tonight on Comedy Central at 10:30/9:30 central, after the Tosh.0 season opener.

It's basically a mock SportsCenter, with fake stories about real sports. I'm going to give it a try, it seems pretty funny!

Anyone else planning on watching it? What do you think?

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I think it premiered yesterday in Canada as the Onion Sportsdome. I was looking forward to watching it, but I missed it. It looks pretty good, but my gut tells me that this show isn't gonna be around for more than 1 or 2 seasons.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It was really funny, but I'm also halfway thinking that it won't be around for the long haul. So far, I hope it is.

Jokes included:

--LeBron, Bosh, and Wade all wanting new and ridiculous rules for the NBA and the commish agreeing, saying "we should just do whatever these guys want." Including no need to dribble before dunking, and a free huge amount of points if you "find the buried treasure." Literally, digging up a treasure chest.

--The mayor of St. Louis giving Albert Pujols the key to the city, literally opening any door, so that he'll resign with the Cardinals. People interviewed were encouraging him to come to their house, sleep in their beds, and raid their fridges.

--A sporting event based on people on Meth fighting off their hallucinations. It was a clip of a guy fighting invisible snakes in between being passed out, lol.

--A summary of the last 5 years of MLS championship games. One guy would start describing it, and the other wouldn't care at all and just moved quickly to the next clip without going over results lol.

Worth watching!

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I lol'ed pretty hard. The Onion is always funny. This show is no exception. I loved the hallucination part.

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
I liked the first episode quite a bit. I still think my favorite bit was them recapping the Celtics/Thunder game and describing the heart attacks and strokes Shaq had in the course of the game. That had me laughing for the entirety of the bit.

I definitely hope the show sticks around, but I won't be surprised if it doesn't.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I actually got a chance to see a rerun of it last night. I loved the "Who would you kill?" segment and the crack addict's hallucinations. Those had me in stitches. It was actually really funny.