The one and only $1,250,000 guranteed value Mystery Auction

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by ShaunAL, Apr 27, 2005.

1. ShaunAL

ShaunAL Registered Member

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Interesting.. If there is no appraised value, how do you know it is worth that much??

(And even more importantly, why not sell it as a normal auction if it's worth that much? I am very interested to see what it is lol!) :lol:

3. ShaunAL

without giving away too much... you do not need an apprasial on something you know its exact value.....

For some reason I just like the whole mystery auction idea. I assure you this is no scam.... that is the real value of the item or items.

4. Msbabedoll

Msbabedoll Registered Member

Hmm VERY interesting! I put you on my watch list......

I JUST DONT GET THE MYSTERY AUCTIONS!!!

LOL, I hope some day in the future the "mystery" to the mystery auctions is revealed! I just dont get it..........if you have something that is worth that much, why not sell it for that much? How do you "give" away something that is worth so much for much less?

It boggles my puny litty mind!! LOL

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I have it figured out... I will wait and see.. Wait, will the winner be the only person who gets to know what it is?

6. ShaunAL

It really depends on how much the auction goes for. And to answer the question about the how can some one sell something for so much less? Well here is one reason some people do it. If Microsoft earns millions a year and is going to be eaten up with taxes they must find a way to offset the earnings. This way they can show a loss in some places and offset some of the profit. This is an example of how some might go about this!!

7. MJonesMBA2001

MJonesMBA2001 Registered Member

I have an idea about what it is....
    Could there possibly be some interest involved?

8. ShaunAL

if there is an interest involved it is not taken into consideration. i guess with some interest it would be worth more than $1,250,000 but could earn or continue to earn interest.

9. split

split New Member

you have my attention! l love the mystery auctions

10. Msbabedoll

Msbabedoll Registered Member

I'm STILL confussed! LOL

Ooooh how I wish I was smart! ;)