The Olympic Track Races

Discussion in 'Olympics' started by Mirage, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Who else is excited to see the track races?

I particularly want to see the 1600. (Apparently the "mile" was taken out but 1600 is 4 laps on a standard track)

Not only do I want to see it but I want to see the record beaten. Michael Johnson has the record right now but it's time for somebody to beat it.

He also holds several other records such as the 200 and 400 and some others.

Michael Johnson (athlete - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He is out of his prime so he won't be competing but it will be exciting to see if anybody else can take his place.

2. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Yeah it's a shame that Michael Johnson is done, but Asafa Powell will be competing in the 100m so that will be really fun to watch.

particularly I care about hurdles, 100m, 200m, and 400m, and of course that goes for the 4 person relays that go with those distances, so I have 8 events that i am really looking forward to.

But I do enjoy watching all of the track events they're all fun ot watch especially if you have done track and worked really hard, then you have a new respect for these runners.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

MJ never ran the 1600. I think he mostly ran the 200 and 400.

I'm looking forward to the 100, 200, 400, and the relays. The longer distances are kind of boring.

4. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I like the fast races as well. Track n Field is usually pretty awesome and I always look forward to it.