• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Old Victrola?

ILuvChuzzles31

Registered Member
Simply asked I was wondering is there anyone here that knows anything about the Old Victrola?
How do you know if it is worth selling? How can you tell if it's in good enough condition to sell?
How do you know what is a good selling price and such questions?

Thre has been one in the family for maybe 45 yrs or longer. I am thinking about moving and of course I don't want to be bringing every single thing with me.

If anyone knows thanks in advance.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Can you post a couple pictures with examples of what old victoria looks like? Maybe that would make it easier to help?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I had a electric one once that I sold for $100,00. I only paid $40.00 for it. It would come on but the turntable wouldn't turn. Needed a new belt. The cabinet was in real good shape. Probably could have gotten more for it on eBay.

If its one that you have to crank it would be worth much more.

This place might help you with deciding what to ask.

Victor Phonographs Phonographs, Accessories Radio, Phonograph, TV, Phone Collectibles

ILuvChuzzles31

Registered Member
Sorry I have no pictures to show but maybe I can look to see if the internet has some images that may be very close..

That is the closest one I could find.. The difference is that mine looks just a tad bit shorter
and wider, and it is darker in color. There is a wind up handle on the right side as you are looking at it.

I have some 78 records that go along with this also.
I know my Mom wanted to sell it for the longest time when she needed money but never knew where to go. Well following tradition I am just like her and don't have a clue.
This was something my Dad bought maybe years before I was even born so I know it is something rare.
I appreciate the help given so far thanks again.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If its in real good shape and looks a lot like that one and is a wind up I would say its worth around $800,00 to a $1000.00. However getting that much for it might be another thing. If you take it to an antique shop they won't give you that much because they need room to make a profit.

If there is a antique auction in your area might try that.