• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

the old-fashioned meaning of "bum"

hepismis

Registered Member
When I say I'm a bum, I mean as in hobo. No, I'm not homeless, but my life is on hold pending the resolution of certain administrative matters that will decide how I proceed with life from that point on. Thus my days consist of trying to find ways to make time pass as quickly as possible, so that my waiting at the convenience of other people can end as quickly as possible.

On the positive side, I don't have to lift a finger if I don't want to, and there are times when lifting a finger feels too onerous (although there are times when I'd rather catch the next plane to the South Sandwich Islands).

Anyway, I found this forum by googling for places in which you can write something longer than a tweet. This looks like a nice place. I like the creativity of the featured articles and videos on the home page, and the forum posts by other people I've read so far are articulate and constructive. I wanna stick around.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Welcome, always nice to have a new member and happy you want to stick around.

Hopefully we can help you pass the time while you wait.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hi there Hepismis, and welcome to our forums. I'm the admin and owner here (and coincidentally the writer of a good chunk of our articles), so if you have any questions or need pointed in the right direction, just ask. We also have a friendly group of staff members who will be glad to assist as well. Hope to see you around and joining in and starting some discussions!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Welcome to the forums. You seem like an interest character and we need more of those around here. Take off your shoes and stay awhile.

hepismis

Registered Member
Hi there Hepismis, and welcome to our forums. I'm the admin and owner here (and coincidentally the writer of a good chunk of our articles), so if you have any questions or need pointed in the right direction, just ask. We also have a friendly group of staff members who will be glad to assist as well. Hope to see you around and joining in and starting some discussions!
You write pretty darn well. :) And the topics are interesting.