The Official Thread: Football for Dummies

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Nosferatu_Alucard, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

Ok I know this is going to sound really dumb but here it goes.

I've been wanting to play football a really long time, but I have like absolutely no idea how to play or the positions or anything. I bet I could probably keep up and play with the game, I just don't know anything. It would be much appreciated if the people with a greater football knowledge to just give a couple of basics or whatever they can add.

Thanks.

2. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

What kind of football are we talking about?

Full pads?

Flag?

Sandlot?

Tackle?

Two hand touch?

What position would you like to play?

Hoosier.

3. Nosferatu_Alucard

Full pads, it's a high school team.

I don't know what positions are so I don't really know what I would be good at.

4. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

If you want to play but are not sure what you would be good at, you could always go talk to the coach. Tell him you're interested and ask him if he has any recomendations on position. Ask if he could take some time to have you do some drills and determine your strenghts.

If you post some of your physical attributes (height, weight, rough speed, realtive strenght, ect.) It would be easier for people to give you reccomendations.

5. Nosferatu_Alucard

I'm 5'8", 230 pounds. That's all I really know.

PLUS: I've been looking up some positions and stuff online, I would like to play on the offensive team, but I'm not really sure what position would fit me best.

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

You're not 5'8 pal, I'm 5'8, you have to be around 5'10