The Official St. Louis Cardinals vs. Los Angeles Dodgers thread 22/07/06

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Vegito728, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Okay here's my preview of today's game 2.

Pitching matchup
    STL: RHP Jeff Weaver (3-11, 6.60 ERA)
    In his first start in a Cardinals uniform, Weaver missed with location on several pitches, including an offering that Brian McCann hit for a grand slam. The right-hander must locate his sinker and slider more effectively to be successful.

LAD: RHP Aaron Sele (6-3, 3.34 ERA)
    When he's got command of his pitches, Sele is a craftsman at work. When he's up in the strikezone even a little bit, as he was in Arizona on Monday, there isn't enough velocity margin for error. He was charged with five runs in five-plus innings two weeks after holding the same club to two runs in six innings.

Player to watch
    Outfielder Kenny Lofton has a .327 career average against the Cardinals, and he leads all current Dodgers with four home runs against the Redbirds.

2. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Okay here's my recap of game 2. Ya it's only a recap because I'm really tired.

Jim Edmonds homered for the fourth time in five games, Albert Pujols added a two-run shot, and the St. Louis Cardinals tied the longest home run streak in franchise history at 18 games in a 6-1 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers on Saturday night.