The "Official" Motivational Posters Thread

Discussion in 'Art & Creative' started by Exclusive, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exclusive

Exclusive Registered Member

References: Photobucket, Wikipedia, /B/

A motivational poster (or inspirational poster) is a type of poster commonly designed for use in schools and offices.
    Motivational posters produced by Successories generally use a three-part template consisting of:

• A photograph (often stock photography) in a wide black border
    • A title (such as "success" or "teamwork") in large text
    • A description (a short phrase or quote) in smaller text beneath the title
    This kind of poster has been repeatedly parodied, and parodical "demotivational posters" have become an Internet meme, e.g. on /b/. One famous motivational poster features a kitten hanging from a tree branch along with the phrase "Hang in There, Baby!" This has been target of various reproductions and parodies, such as an appearance on The Simpsons episode "The Twisted World of Marge Simpson" where Marge Simpson notices the copyright date (1968) and comments, "...determined or not, that cat must be long dead. That's kind of a downer."[1] Another reference to the poster is The Onion's 1999 "In the News" photograph titled "Inspirational Poster Kitten Falls To Death After 17 Years".[2]

Post all the funny and cool motivational posters that you have made or come across.

I am starting to make some Motivational Posters and will post some here

Here are some links where you can see some cool motivational posters and make your own

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

3. Exclusive

Exclusive Registered Member

Everytime I make a thread somebody has always made it :( The diversity of this forum is pissing me off!

YET I LOVE IT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.