• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Poll The Office vs. Parks & Recreation

Which show is better?

• Total voters

dDave

V.I.P.
Pretty simple. Vote in the poll. Which one do you prefer?

For a long time I've felt Parks and Rec was better but now I'm not so sure, possibly coming back around.

I identify with multiple characters in Parks and Rec but The Office is awesome and very funny. It's also relatable to my own workplace in some ways.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
The Office hands down. Parks was funny, I liked it, but sometimes it seemed they were trying too hard. Good show, had it’s funny moments, but not nearly as good as The Office.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have always leaned to the Office when comparing the two shows. They are two of my favorite all time shows but I like the Office just a little bit better. I feel like I can relate to a lot of what goes on, on that show and some of the characters I cannot get enough of. Dwight is the man.

Also, if you're an Office fan I would suggest listening to the podcast Jenna Fisher and Angela are doing....they go over every single episode in detail...its AWESOME. They are on season 2 right now. The show is called Office Ladies.

Konshentz

Konshentz
The Office.

And it's not all that close for me. The Office has so many classic episodes. So many amazing characters. I honestly can't count the amount of times I have watched the series start to finish. I don't dislike the final two seasons as much as a lot of people. And I really enjoyed the finale.

That's not to say Parks & Rec is not a great show. I just don't think it's on the same level.

Also, if you're an Office fan I would suggest listening to the podcast Jenna Fisher and Angela are doing....they go over every single episode in detail...its AWESOME. They are on season 2 right now. The show is called Office Ladies.
Thanks for reminding me, that's definitely something I wanna give a listen to.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think I've watched the Office straight through...maaaaaybe 4 times haha....it might be 5.

I'm pissed it's leaving Netflix in July...along with Parks n Rec to the new NBC streaming service. What am I gonna do haha

And yes....the podcast is a must. They do interviews with some of the actors and actresses as well. It's really good and something I look forward to every week.

dDave

V.I.P.
I think I've watched the Office straight through...maaaaaybe 4 times haha....it might be 5.

I'm pissed it's leaving Netflix in July...along with Parks n Rec to the new NBC streaming service. What am I gonna do haha

And yes....the podcast is a must. They do interviews with some of the actors and actresses as well. It's really good and something I look forward to every week.
Drop Netflix and get the NBC streaming service?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I watch the Office almost every day, if it’s on the Comedy Channel. If not I catch it on Netflix. I also have the entire 9 seasons on DVD. I’m not sure if I’m going to subscribe to the NBC streaming service or not.

I’ve listened to the Office Ladies, it’s pretty good.

Impaired

Registered Member
I love Parks & Rec but the Office is just tip top. Any episode, any time, any where.

Lately I pick one episode from each season. When I finish, I start over and have to pick different ones.