TV The Office needs to go on strike

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well the writers strike is over and "The Office" is back...

After watching tonight's episode I think the actors needs to go on strike until some new writers are found.

It was funny at times but really in the end I don't think I want to see an episode like this again. It just didn't work for what I know to be "The Office".

Anybody else who saw tonight's episode want to comment on it?

I watched only part of it. The part was where Steve Corelle was talking about the shelf he made, they panned over and it was a couple of two-by-fours nailed together. Pretty fun, there.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yeah, I watched it and was very disappointed. Probably one of the worst episodes they've done. Michael was too over the top and Jan seemed a little out-of-character. Plus they didn't even show most of the people from the office except for the first minute or two. I laughed a few times, but overall it just wasn't funny and didn't really advance the story or anything. Thumbs down. Hopefully it gets better after this one.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
There were a few parts in the episode that left me feeling really awkward for the characters. I mean, some of them were really mad at each other.

Is there another new episode next Thursday? If so hopefully it's back on par with previous Office episodes that were good..

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I thought the episode was hilarious. Everyone I talked to about it thought it was too.

"Michael and Jan seem to be playing their own separate game. And its called, 'Lets see how uncomfortable we can make our guests. And they're both winning."

One of the best lines in the shows history. Or how about when Michael was bragging about his LCD TV?

Seriously you guys maybe are holding the old episodes up on a pedestal this new episode was awesome. Sure it didnt advance the plot and I am still wondering how they remodeled the whole house with no money. We knew Jan and Michael were on the rocks after the last episode.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Was there supposed to have been some time between the last episode and this one, plot-wise? I kind of hope they don't try to make it seem like a few months have passed that we just missed out on.