TV The Office Episode: Broke

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ok, finally. I was glad to see that stupid storyline with Michael quitting (US office, for you UKers) and starting his own company finally come to an end.

I knew as soon as he quit that he'd be back. I also knew that there was no way they could bring him back realistically but honestly I'm just happy that storyline is done.

I was getting very close to taking The Office off of my recorded shows list after the last few. I really hope it gets back to how it should be now.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Well, it allowed Pam to move up and no longer be the receptionist anymore...so that is good.

Ryan being back - not really that fond of that.
Charles gone - good.
Jim being uncomfortable should also come to an end - good.

It just wasn't the same when Jim wasn't playing anymore pranks on Dwight.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't like when shows change the main premise behind the show. It just confuses things and throws people off.

I'm not even that happy with Pam being in sales and I still would not be surprised if the new secretary quits after having Michael as her boss and then guess what? Pam will be receptionist again. :lol:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
That would suck. I want to see how Pam does in sales. She seemed to do well at Michael Scott Paper company (lol), but then again, they had prices so low they went broke.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Heh, well for me it just didn't seem right. She did terrible in the MSPC (sigh), but it will just change the dynamic of the show too much to have her learning sales for the rest of the season.

I think they will try it for a few episodes while they try to get the show back on its feet but after a bit they'll put her back as secretary. That's one thing I've learned about this show. They always try to throw off the viewers by changing things but in the end everything ends up back to normal.

Michael quits. He's back as boss. Ryan gets promoted, then fired, guess what? He's back as intern. Toby moves to Cuba. Oh, he's back. Jim and Pam break up. Oh, back together. The list goes on and on. :lol:

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
A few seasons back. Not actually breaking up but the whole Pam/Roy thing that interrupted the Jim/Pam stuff. Everybody knew that wasn't going to play out.