"The New" Kofi

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

How about this HUGE push that Kofi is getting? Who knew he would have a feud with Randy Orton? I sure didn't, but I'm loving every minute of it. I use to be a fan of Kofi but after seeing "The New" Kofi last Monday Night Raw I am not a huge fan of his. Hopefully he takes this huge push and runs with it. Now that he lost the accent he's more credible on the microphone which will help him a lot in this feud. Can't wait to see where else it leads.

Finally the writers give Orton a different feud other than HHH or Cena.

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

You're not a fan of his?

This was the highlight of RAW. Sure, Kofi has been pushed well with a tag title reign, IC title reign and US title reign but this is the biggest he's gotten so far in his young career. Finally they let him talk...he's really good.

I'm glad he dumped the Jamaican accent and personality. He was so awesome on RAW words can't even describe it.

I wondered when he chased off Legacy at the PPV if there would be any fall out and boy o boy was there. Orton might win the feud and that's fine...Kofi is a star in the making.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm assuming you meant to say you like his new push? You said you liked him before and now you don't like him but then say you can't wait to see more.

I love it.

I've always been a fan of Kofi and now he's getting some real face time, it's fucking awesome. I hope they give a guy like him some spotlight because he was great.

4. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

I with all of you: I love the push. I wouldn't mind the Jamaican thing if Kofi was, in fact, Jamaican...but realism is always better when you're going for a bigger push. Personalities can be blown out of proportion, but let's not fake where someone is from.

Now he'll have to get rid of his Music, Attire, and "Boom Boom Boom" hand gesture. All Jamaican.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow! I can't believe I screwed that up, I meant to say that I was always a Kofi fan, but now after this past Monday I'm a huge fan of his. Sorry for the confusion guys.

I think the promo he had where he stood on Orton's car was simply brilliant, I didn't think he could cut a promo that good. I can't wait to see where this goes. I'm sure he'll get attacked from behind a few times, but what revenge will he have for Randy.

They'll probably face each other at Survivor Series and it should be a great match. He's starting to become an all around great wrestler.

6. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

LOL I knew what you meant but I wanted to make sure :) It happens.

Lately the only guys I've really been enjoying have been heels. Jericho, Punk, Orton and before this, Edge. I am happy to finally have a face persona that I really enjoy. Sky is the limit for this kid.

7. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

I'm with you as a rule of thumb, but remember that when the WWE did that with Callaway we got Dead Gimmick Walking. Think also about the freakish Goldust hailing from Cowtown (Austin) instead of Hollywood. Meh. I think the only thing that made it a problem for Kofi was his sort of rural and un-kayfabewise family all but shouting, "Jamaica, my damn ass!"

I understand respecting the worker and his or her heritage, but if the worker doesn't have a problem with a fictitious billing, I don't either. Kofi could keep the attire he has now, by the way, since the colors match up with those of the Ghanaian flag.

Know what really sucks? He's not any more of an African than he is a Jamaican. Dude grew up in Mass and went to Boston College! Now, instead of enduring a short-lived meaningless gimmick, he's stuck forever as unofficial spokesperson for a country he left in diapers and may not even feel comfortable in.

EDIT: @ OP - I like the push; not too late, not too soon.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009