• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox 360 The new Kameo Game doesn't do the Xbox 360 Justice

kdwa22

My roommate was one of the winners of the Pepsi Xbox 360 giveaway and he received his on Monday with the game Kameo. I was playing Kameo and wasn't at all impressed with the graphics. I hope that the new Madden game really brings out the true benefits of owning the Xbox 360 because Kameo is one game that shouldn't have been released.

Wrecked

Registered Member
you have to have a hdtv and use the Component HD AV Cable for the full effects of the system.

plus keep in mind that these are the first games coming out, wait a few months and they'll get prettier and prettier.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
Wrecked said:
plus keep in mind that these are the first games coming out, wait a few months and they'll get prettier and prettier.
thats the main thing right there. Of course HD will make a difference but it being First gen is the biggest difference. Speaking of HD, it seems as if alot of you have HD set ups. What Tv you guys got?

Wrecked

Registered Member
sadly i don't have a HD ready TV. it does support 480p at least but we just got it so i doubt i'll be getting a HDTV anytime soon. and it's a 30" Sony Wega flat screen.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
Wrecked said:
sadly i don't have a HD ready TV. it does support 480p at least but we just got it so i doubt i'll be getting a HDTV anytime soon. and it's a 30" Sony Wega flat screen.
And so what is the difference of HD ready and then HDTV that supports 480p? Do you have to buy a converter or something?

Wrecked

Registered Member
actually that's a good question and i don't know the answer.

as far as i know, there isn't a way to convert my tv into a true hdtv that can support 480p, 780p, and 1080p.

all i know is that my tv does support component cables but only supports 480i [ it's "i" and not "p" | don't know what the difference is ].

Thermal

Registered Member
HD-Ready is capable of High Def, but requires a tuner. You can easily get one from your cable/sat company. Standard TVs support 480p (640x480p) resolution.

Also, anyone with a fairly new monitor already have a HDTV. Just use the VGA component cables.

Wrecked

Registered Member
Thermal said:
Also, anyone with a fairly new monitor already have a HDTV. Just use the VGA component cables.
monitor as in computer monitor or tv monitor?

cause i just got a sony 17" lcd flat screen for my pc and it doesn't say it supports HDTV.

http://tinyurl.com/dua2e <--- my monitor

Thermal

Registered Member
HDTV is basically a tv that supports higher resolution. A monitor with 1280x780 is 780p, and a monitor that supports 1920x1080 is 1080p. Don't look for a monitor to say HDTV, because its not considered a TV, and monitors have been able to exceed regular TV definition for a while.

To tell how high your resolution on your monitor can go, is by right clicking on the desktop and going to properties, and go into the Setting tab. Slide the Screen Resolution slider all the way to the right, and take note of the resolution (800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, etc). Anything more than 640x480 (480p) is better than your standard tv, and the xbox 360 will allow you to choose which resolution you want. Just make sure you don't exceed what the monitor can handle.

EDIT: As for Kameo not doing the Xbox 360 Justice, I think most people are confusing its art style. I mean the amount of detail on the scenery are amazing.

XBox/XBox 360 Comparison

EDIT: Didn't notice the link to your monitor. Yeah, your monitor could support 1240x1080, thats about a 780p (actually a bit better).

XBox 360 running on a Dell Monitor