• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The "new" Dolph Ziggler

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Since Ziggler cut his hair and changed the blonde dye-job, WWE has been billing him as "more serious" or intense, focused, ruthless, etc.

So - do you think that this change will help or hurt DZ in the long run? He still has the same move set, but a lot less personality.

For me, the jury's still out. Sometimes showing intensity can really help a wrestler...Dolph's personality was really unique and "in your face," though, and I'm not sure if this will hurt him or not.

Thoughts?

Also use this thread to talk about Dolph's direction on Raw in general. Do you think he'll move towards the main event again, as he did with Edge when he briefly held the WHC?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I personally don't like the haircut because now he looks a lot like other wrestlers(Bourne, DiBiase) being two examples. He was very unique with that greasy long blond hair look.

I do like his new style though. I love that he's now more aggressive and doesn't take anything lightly. It also makes sense that Vicky is his manager since he's not best when it comes to microphone work.

Time will be the judge if the change was worth it.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I don't like it. Give him back the blonde. It fit him better. Horrible move on the part of the WWE.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Jury is still out for sure on this. It was weird right when it happened I liked it but now he's kinda blending in with the rest of the roster. He's a generic wrestler right now.

Maybe that'll change though! Maybe one of these days they'll put him in a story

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
If they really want to push this change as bringing out Dolph's intensity, they need to take steps to show he's full of "ruthless aggression." Having him assault someone badly after a match, for example.

Otherwise, he's just seeming like his old self minus the personality.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
If they really want to push this change as bringing out Dolph's intensity, they need to take steps to show he's full of "ruthless aggression." Having him assault someone badly after a match, for example.

Otherwise, he's just seeming like his old self minus the personality.
I bolded the part I feel is truth at this point...

It's weird it's like they are trying to re-introduce Dolph to us but nothing really has changed for the better. Yeah, he pinned Santino Marella, whoopie doo! They might have a big plan for him but I'm not seeing it right now.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I bolded the part I feel is truth at this point...

It's weird it's like they are trying to re-introduce Dolph to us but nothing really has changed for the better. Yeah, he pinned Santino Marella, whoopie doo! They might have a big plan for him but I'm not seeing it right now.
The plan will be good if, like I mentioned, he does something big...picks a big dog in the "yard" so to speak and assaults him in a major way. But I sound like a broken record at this point.

I just don't get why he has to be re-introduced...there are enough wrestlers going on their intensity alone, aren't there? He had a unique douche-heel thing going that really worked on a lot of levels, haha. Take the cockiness out of Dolph and what's left? This shell of a grappler.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think if they are going to re-introduce him that they should have changed his ring name in the process. The Dolph Ziggler name is fine with me but what's wrong with Nick Nemeth? Oh wait, the WWE never does that.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I think if they are going to re-introduce him that they should have changed his ring name in the process. The Dolph Ziggler name is fine with me but what's wrong with Nick Nemeth? Oh wait, the WWE never does that.
Nick Nemeth is just fine, but I think he's just established himself for too long as DZ.

His name took a while to grow on me, but it fit him perfectly...with the blonde hair and cocky attitude. Now it's just...weird.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
So it didn't take the WWE long to have Ziggler's hair dyed back to his traditional blonde color. I wonder why they even changed it in the first place!

I like the short variety better as well. I still don't see any change in his personality though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hitman Wrestling 17
generalblue Wrestling 6
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 16
Unity Wrestling 8
wooly Wrestling 3