• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The new beer & alcohol thread

Iris

rainbow 11!

So I tried this when I was still living in Florida, but I thought I would post about it anyway! It's FUCKING delicious. Best hard cider I've ever had. It definitely beats Red's and Angry Orchard.

Now, I've only seen it sold in Florida so far, so it might just be available there. I've tried the original, black cherry, and I believe the green apple. I think there was a raspberry one too, I can't remember. A family friend dropped off a 24 variety pack at my parent's house for me to try. His job at the time was a distributor for them, so he got it for free. If you like hard cider, you need to keep an eye out for this stuff.

Powerful

Registered Member
I've fallen hard for a bourbon lately called Pure Kentucky that I had in a flight at the Old Kentucky Bourbon Bar across the river from Cincinnati. 107 proof and I think it is bottles by Willett. It's sourced, if that bothers you, but it drinks good. I've been using Booker's in my Old Fashioneds and Bulleit or Journeyman rye in my Manhattans and Boulevardiers. On the rocks or neat you can't go wrong with Woodford or Wild Turkey.

Shwa

V.I.P.

So I tried this when I was still living in Florida, but I thought I would post about it anyway! It's FUCKING delicious. Best hard cider I've ever had. It definitely beats Red's and Angry Orchard.

Now, I've only seen it sold in Florida so far, so it might just be available there. I've tried the original, black cherry, and I believe the green apple. I think there was a raspberry one too, I can't remember. A family friend dropped off a 24 variety pack at my parent's house for me to try. His job at the time was a distributor for them, so he got it for free. If you like hard cider, you need to keep an eye out for this stuff.
@Iris They actually have this at BJ's Restaurant, I just came back from lunch there today and saw they had this on tap :D I didn't get to try it, but I will next time.

~Shwa

Impaired

Registered Member
For a very pleasant moderate alcohol shot, we mix Avion Expresso with Bailey's Irish Cream (or any Irish cream) and put the bottle in the freezer.

Coffee-chocolate milk-shake shot.

You can use Patron Cafe in stead of Avion, but Avion is usually about $10 less a bottle. Ditto with O'Mara's or any other Irish cream but Bailey's. Most are way cheaper.

CynthiaM

Registered Member
I recently went to this amazing distillery/bar in Sydney, where they give you a tour of the place and they serve you with their own spirits like gin, vodka, and the likes. I absolutely fell in love with a cocktail called Whey Cool. It's called Whey Cool but it's warm and delicious. Here's their recipe for it:

INGREDIENTS
  • 15ml Vodka
  • 15ml H by Hine VSOP Cognac
  • 15ml Dead Man’s Drop Black Spiced Rum
  • 100ml spiced milk mix~
~For spiced milk, combine 355g can condensed milk with 1 litre unsweetened almond milk, 1 split vanilla pod and 2 cinnamon quills.

Glass: Brandy balloon
Garnish: Grated nutmeg
Method: Combine, heat and serve

Powerful

Registered Member
Tried the Old Ruffian, 10.2%, Barley Wine Style Ale, Great Divide Brewing Co. out of Denver a few nights ago. It was good.

Carmelita

Registered Member
I've been seeing an advertisement for Vanilla Jack Daniels. Sounds like a great idea, since I like vanilla coke anyway. Mixing it with coke would be a great combination. I'm always looking for something new that I like. I've got to buy me some of that.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've been seeing an advertisement for Vanilla Jack Daniels. Sounds like a great idea, since I like vanilla coke anyway. Mixing it with coke would be a great combination. I'm always looking for something new that I like. I've got to buy me some of that.
Hmmmm interesting. I am a Jack Daniels fan and a vanilla fan and a coke fan

So count me in on this one.

Powerful

Registered Member
My go to summer drink (non-beer division) is a Tanqueray gin and tonic, and since it will be 90+ from now till late October, I expect to go through several bottles.