The new beer & alcohol thread

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by Millz, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Powerful

Powerful Registered Member

I've fallen hard for a bourbon lately called Pure Kentucky that I had in a flight at the Old Kentucky Bourbon Bar across the river from Cincinnati. 107 proof and I think it is bottles by Willett. It's sourced, if that bothers you, but it drinks good. I've been using Booker's in my Old Fashioneds and Bulleit or Journeyman rye in my Manhattans and Boulevardiers. On the rocks or neat you can't go wrong with Woodford or Wild Turkey.

2. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

@Iris They actually have this at BJ's Restaurant, I just came back from lunch there today and saw they had this on tap :D I didn't get to try it, but I will next time.

~Shwa

3. Powerful

Had a couple of gimlets last night with fresh lime juice; nice steak compliment.

4. Impaired

Impaired Registered Member

For a very pleasant moderate alcohol shot, we mix Avion Expresso with Bailey's Irish Cream (or any Irish cream) and put the bottle in the freezer.

Coffee-chocolate milk-shake shot.

You can use Patron Cafe in stead of Avion, but Avion is usually about $10 less a bottle. Ditto with O'Mara's or any other Irish cream but Bailey's. Most are way cheaper.

5. CynthiaM

CynthiaM Registered Member

I recently went to this amazing distillery/bar in Sydney, where they give you a tour of the place and they serve you with their own spirits like gin, vodka, and the likes. I absolutely fell in love with a cocktail called Whey Cool. It's called Whey Cool but it's warm and delicious. Here's their recipe for it:

INGREDIENTS
    • 15ml Vodka
    • 15ml H by Hine VSOP Cognac
    • 15ml Dead Man’s Drop Black Spiced Rum
    • 100ml spiced milk mix~
    ~For spiced milk, combine 355g can condensed milk with 1 litre unsweetened almond milk, 1 split vanilla pod and 2 cinnamon quills.

Glass: Brandy balloon
    Garnish: Grated nutmeg
    Method: Combine, heat and serve

6. Powerful

Tried the Old Ruffian, 10.2%, Barley Wine Style Ale, Great Divide Brewing Co. out of Denver a few nights ago. It was good.